Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner and new to group

Llotse

Hello, new to the group and the Corolla but I have been reading and learning. I picked up our new 2.0 GR Sport yesterday which we ordered back in November 21. My wife chose the car, she wanted something not too big and easy to drive. I have been lucky and had a history of some very nice cars, 911, AMG, M series etc, so I am sorry to say I wasn’t expecting much from the Corolla. How very wrong I was! What an amazing car. How can something which feels and handles so well ride so comfortably especially at this price point? It is the biggest pleasant surprise I have ever had in a car. It’s also quiet with very comfortable seats, its far from slow too. Just have to go out and spend a few hours learning the Infotainment system and all the settings today.

• Like 5

Good morning Nick and welcome to the Toyota Owners Club.

welcome to the world of Toyota hybrid cars.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Llotse said:

Hello, new to the group and the Corolla but I have been reading and learning. I picked up our new 2.0 GR Sport yesterday which we ordered back in November 21. My wife chose the car, she wanted something not too big and easy to drive. I have been lucky and had a history of some very nice cars, 911, AMG, M series etc, so I am sorry to say I wasn’t expecting much from the Corolla. How very wrong I was! What an amazing car. How can something which feels and handles so well ride so comfortably especially at this price point? It is the biggest pleasant surprise I have ever had in a car. It’s also quiet with very comfortable seats, its far from slow too. Just have to go out and spend a few hours learning the Infotainment system and all the settings today.

Congratulations on your new car, I have had same spec on order since 4 Dec but estimated delivery slipped to 20 April. 

Can you confirm if yours came with acoustic glass windscreen and/or front windows, it should have the word acoustic stamped on the glass if it has. 

Also,  do you have the updated key fobs, that stop transmitting a signal when fob not moving after a couple mins, eg at home, fob near car but doesn't allow smart entry to stop relay attacks

Finally, has it got a space saver spare wheel?

Thanks, 

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 7:50 AM, simond64 said:

Congratulations on your new car, I have had same spec on order since 4 Dec but estimated delivery slipped to 20 April. 

Can you confirm if yours came with acoustic glass windscreen and/or front windows, it should have the word acoustic stamped on the glass if it has. 

Also,  do you have the updated key fobs, that stop transmitting a signal when fob not moving after a couple mins, eg at home, fob near car but doesn't allow smart entry to stop relay attacks

Finally, has it got a space saver spare wheel?

Thanks, 

Hi,

It seems to be normal glass as I think acoustic is two pieces laminated? Mine is just a single piece, the car is very quiet though. I do have a space saving spare but as for the key fob, how can I tell? 

• Like 1

Hi Nick, congratulations on the new Corolla. Toyota have always got it right with the Corolla which is the model most responsible for it’s world wide success. Don’t expect to learn everything about the car in one day 🤔

• Like 3

Adding my congrats to you, Nick. As others have noted, Toyota is spot on with hybrid cars. I bought my Corolla in the summer of 2020, enjoying it hugely since then!

• Like 3

On 3/17/2022 at 4:29 PM, Llotse said:

Hi,

It seems to be normal glass as I think acoustic is two pieces laminated? Mine is just a single piece, the car is very quiet though. I do have a space saving spare but as for the key fob, how can I tell? 

To test the key fob,  place it near the car and don't move it for a few minutes, then see if the car will open,  if not,  then it's gone to sleep and stopped transmitting which is the point, if u leave keys near car inside your house it won't allow anyone to relay a signal to access the car

If u had acoustic glass the word will be stamped on the glass, my current my19 gr sport 1.8 says lamisafe on windscreen and temperlite and front side windows.

I'm upgrading to 2.0 my22

• Like 2

Congratulations on the new car and finding your way to this group.  I hope you have a lot in fun with both in the coming weeks and months.

• Like 2

Congrats on the new car we have the same car on order expected late April now. Just out of interest did you spec it with the spare wheel or do they come as standard now ?? I would be very happy if I got one with ours .

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Deano68 said:

Congrats on the new car we have the same car on order expected late April now. Just out of interest did you spec it with the spare wheel or do they come as standard now ?? I would be very happy if I got one with ours .

The 2.0 GR Sport has a space saver wheel as standard, most other specs only have a repair kit

• Like 2

Welcome Nick

• Like 2

Welcome Nick. Never underestimate the Japanese. They make exceedingly good vehicles. You will discover a superb aftersales service too. Enjoy.

• Like 2

You came in at a good time - I think their directive of 'no more boring cars' has gotten them to add a bit of fizz to the new hybrids so they're now both economical AND fun to drive :biggrin: 

I can't think of many other cars where you can go for a hoon grinning like a manic without later crying at the pump later because all the fuel disappeared!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deano68 said:

It came as standard, I didn’t ask for it as I had runflats on my last car so it didn’t even cross my mind

3 hours ago, simond64 said:

To test the key fob,  place it near the car and don't move it for a few minutes, then see if the car will open,  if not,  then it's gone to sleep and stopped transmitting which is the point, if u leave keys near car inside your house it won't allow anyone to relay a signal to access the car

If u had acoustic glass the word will be stamped on the glass, my current my19 gr sport 1.8 says lamisafe on windscreen and temperlite and front side windows.

I'm upgrading to 2.0 my22

I will try tomorrow and come back with an answer

Tried the automatic headlights and dip tonight, so much better than the BMW ones I had, they were useless and blinded everyone, the Corolla’s just work.

How do I dim the main instrument panel? Must be missing something but I can’t find anything in settings.

Does it not dim when you turn the lights on

On 3/17/2022 at 9:08 PM, Llotse said:

How do I dim the main instrument panel? Must be missing something but I can’t find anything in settings.

If I remember correctly, on my car, the little button at the lower right of the instrument binnacle, where you can reset the odometer, controls the brightness of the instrument panel. Turn it until you get the little increasing in size segment, (if that makes sense!).

Addit: In my electronic version of the car manual, pages 112 and 113 show what I mean.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

If I remember correctly, on my car, the little button at the lower right of the instrument binnacle, where you can reset the odometer, controls the brightness of the instrument panel. Turn it until you get the little increasing in size segment, (if that makes sense!).

Yep, that's where it is, tbh, I don't look at the instrument panel much, prefer the head up display

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of us don't have HUD. 😄. My car is the highest specced one available in Ireland - just shows how different countries have different specifications.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dannyboy413 said:

Some of us don't have HUD. 😄. My car is the highest specced one available in Ireland - just shows how different countries have different specifications.

In the UK only the GR Sport has a HUD,  Excel is to spec but lacks this feature. Sadly,  all corolla models in the UK lack blind spot monitor and RCTA, not even an option, weird as it's on the CHR and in other countries

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, simond64 said:

Yep, that's where it is, tbh, I don't look at the instrument panel much, prefer the head up display

That doesn’t seem to do anything on mine, try to turn it and nothing changes unfortunately

On 3/17/2022 at 4:29 PM, Llotse said:

Hi,

Definitely doesn’t say acoustic anywhere on any glass

9 minutes ago, Llotse said:

That doesn’t seem to do anything on mine, try to turn it and nothing changes unfortunately

If the odometer shows the total mileage, turn the little knob a bit to get trip1, turn a bit more to get trip 2, turn again to get the panel illuminator bit and then press. At least I think that is how it works. 🙂 It should be in the manual somewhere.

Addit: If turning the knob does not work, try a little press.

Edited by dannyboy413
Added a bit.

29 minutes ago, Llotse said:

Definitely doesn’t say acoustic anywhere on any glass

OK, thanks for checking