Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12v Panasonic battery

Zeddi

Quick question can you add distilled water to the panasonic Battery as car has been parked up for 5 months before a full charge at home  as its currently showing that the Battery is completely flat.

In a word, NO

It is an AGM Battery IF it can be saved in needs a long slow charge at low current <4 amps with an AGM charger what may take 48 hours

Toyota part number

28800-28070

superseded by

28800-28071

Panasonic or Yuasa

S55D23L (left hand negitive)

You need to replace it with the same Battery type dont cheap out - be aware it's £200-230

Cant I use a normal charger on it, iv got a ring charger charges 12v and 24v fast and slow charge or would you suggest thats not compatible for it thanks for the heads up.

AGM batteries prefer a controlled (intelligent) charge, typically they charge slowly at a higher voltage and low current than a lead acid

you can use a normal charger, but i would monitor the charge with a multimeter, as you may kill it otherwise

Ok appericate that I think I'll try the easiest option 1st put Battery back in and go for a nice long drive, see if it hold charge. 

• 2 weeks later...

Iv been searching for a new Battery with a little price difference both come with the same codes a lexus rx450H and the toyota estima both batteries are exact same apart from year they can be used for.

Lexus one is from 2008-2015 28800-31291

Estima one is 2006 onwards

everything Looks exact the same codes fitting etc. 

Can anyone shed any light whats the difference please.

..hmm...they don't look the same to me.

The model quoted by @flash22 - 28800-28071 (same model I bought for my 2008 model)

Buy Genuine Toyota 2880028071 (28800-28071) Battery for Toyota Estima. Prices, fast shipping, photos - Amayama

The Lexus model you quote - 28800-31291

BATTERY & BATTERY CABLE. toyota | Toyota

Make sure you're buying the correct one....

The codes for the Battery are exact same i was wondering if just the Battery were just the same the only difference i can see is the year they are for. Lexus 2008 onwards a day estima is 2006 onwards

Hi all slightly different subject does anyone now how much distilled water should be in a non amg Battery ie how much should it be above the plates inside the battery 

6 hours ago, Zeddi said:

The codes for the battery are exact same i was wondering if just the battery were just the same the only difference i can see is the year they are for. Lexus 2008 onwards a day estima is 2006 onwards

yep they are the same spec - S55D23L (left-hand Negative) temp sensor on the corner

2 hours ago, Eddiefh said:

Hi all slightly different subject does anyone now how much distilled water should be in a non amg battery ie how much should it be above the plates inside the battery 

4-6mm above the plates on a lead acid, if you are wetting the cells make sure the Battery hasn't bulged - an older Battery that has been charged too much will sulfate - If you have stop/start it will be an EFB type Battery - DO NOT wet the cells

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

yep they are the same spec - S55D23L (left-hand Negative) temp sensor on the corner

4-6mm above the plates on a lead acid, if you are wetting the cells make sure the battery hasn't bulged - an older battery that has been charged too much will sulfate - If you have stop/start it will be an EFB type battery - DO NOT wet the cells

Thank you flash22

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links