Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT

Tel_man

Noticed something interesting yesterday. When I click on the padlock icon in MyT to bring up the car status picture, it shows the car outline with a green tick, but also an information icon, which says "as your car has manual back door windows, we cannot detect the status".

Made me go and check the car (still very new so I'm not sure what's what yet), and no surprise to find they are electric just like the front. Strange but trivial I suppose 🤔 

Not the first time recently the My T app has shown something incorrectly for the vehicle.

Maybe an idea to contact Toyota UK so they can look in to it.

My Profile in MyT is showing the 4th variation of the TouringSports in less than one year since I registered my car and still doesn't match my car exterior ( headlights and trim level ).

4 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Not the first time recently the My T app has shown something incorrectly for the vehicle.

Maybe an idea to contact Toyota UK so they can look in to it.

Have just contacted them and asked if the problem lies with the MyT app or with my car....should be interesting  🤔 😏 🙂 

I'm new to this too...

After loading MyT App onto my company phone (as is a company car) it alerted me that one of the back doors were not shut properly - went out and sure enough nothing wrong.  But when I disarmed the car - checked again - then re-armed the car the notification disappeared and also no historical notification appears on MyT.

5 minutes ago, Tech429 said:

But when I disarmed the car - checked again - then re-armed the car the notification disappeared and also no historical notification appears on MyT.

If you leave the car doors unlocked for more than a few minutes, and the key is out of range, you'll get a notification.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 3:25 PM, Tel_man said:

Have just contacted them and asked if the problem lies with the MyT app or with my car....should be interesting  🤔 😏 🙂 

After numerous email exchanges with tech support, each of which suggested this had been fixed, but no change, they finally suggested that I uninstall the MyT app and reinstall it. This cured the problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tel_man said:

After numerous email exchanges with tech support, each of which suggested this had been fixed, but no change, they finally suggested that I uninstall the MyT app and reinstall it. This cured the problem. 

I'm surprised they didn't suggest that to start with - Rule #1 in fixing technology, is either switch it on and off again, or reinstall it. 
Half of the tickets/job requests I received are pretty much just that!

• Like 1

The issue of reinstalling depends on the complexity of installing in the first instance 😁

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links