Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Yaris noise

Mo_h

Hi all. I have a 2008 Yaris 1.3 petrol. It's dont around 49K miles. I changes the front brake pads in Dec 2020, but now the rear drivers side is making noise when accelerating. Any ideas of what it can be? Sounds like a ringing sound

Probably the break pads need changing. They have a small metal pin that contacts when the break pads need changing. 

I assume yours are drum brake rears? Might help to jack the corner up and spin the wheel freehand and see if you can replicate the sound.

Does it also happen if you're coasting along without accelerating? What about when braking?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, corradovr6 said:

I assume yours are drum brake rears? Might help to jack the corner up and spin the wheel freehand and see if you can replicate the sound.

Does it also happen if you're coasting along without accelerating? What about when braking?

The noise is more prominent when accelerating. Sometimes when coasting you can hear a slight noise from drivers side rear

2 hours ago, Mo_h said:

The noise is more prominent when accelerating.

Exhaust problem? Have you tried blocking the tailpipe and listening for leaks?

1 hour ago, bathtub tom said:

Exhaust problem? Have you tried blocking the tailpipe and listening for leaks?

I haven't tried that. 

I thought it might be something common. My MOT is due soon so I might just wait and see if it gets picked up or will either change rear brakes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links