Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

92 Camry zero or very low rpm.

Ben9

Everything seems to run good, but having virtually 0 rpm sometimes it will come up slightly (200).  Checked for vac issues. Cleaned air intake. Replaced fuel pump. Adjusted timing.    Replaced many components already.  Stumped.  

• 4 weeks later...

Moved to the Camry club.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 11:30 PM, Ben9 said:

Everything seems to run good, but having virtually 0 rpm sometimes it will come up slightly (200).  Checked for vac issues. Cleaned air intake. Replaced fuel pump. Adjusted timing.    Replaced many components already.  Stumped.  

First of all, I'm assuming you are talking about the car in your profile, a '92 Camry? Are you saying it's stalling, or maybe almost stalling? Is this while idling or while moving (coasting or braking?)? Is it manual or auto?

Give us more details.

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2022 at 6:30 PM, Ben9 said:

•  
  • QuoteHad the same problem on my 96 camry le 2.2l 5SFE engine Removed the instrument cluster then removed the tachometer ordered electolytic capcitors making sure you notice the negative strip for negative polarity soldered in the new capacitors installed everything back problem solved.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.I had the same problem with my tachometer it was at 0.I removed the instrument cluster took the tachometer assembly away from the cluster recorded the location of the electrolytic capacitors and their polarity and ordered two 10uf-25v capacitors from Amazon desolder the old capacitors with solder wick then cleaned the printed board with alcohol fluxed all four areas.Using rosin core solder resolder the new capacitors paying attention to the polarity.I utilized a Weller 60W soldering gun bought at Lowes to do the work using the sharp end tip.Put everything back together and the tachometer worked problem solved.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links