Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Hybrid MPG

Bernard Foy

My 2022 Yaris Hybrid got its 2nd fill of petrol recently, so I checked the miles per gallon manually. It was 53MPG, which I thought was excellent considering the very short runs where the ice seldom gets to working temperatures and the hilly terrain where I live plus the very cold temperatures in January and February.

• Like 4

That’s not bad at all. With temperatures going 20C° you can easily see these numbers goes up by 10mpg. 👍🔋

With the Yaris tank being so small and if not empty, you might only be putting 20 litres or so fuel in.  As you can get over a litre difference depending on the click point on how far the pump is pressed in etc, it can take a few fills to get an accurate measure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

That’s not bad at all. With temperatures going 20C° you can easily see these numbers goes up by 10mpg. 👍🔋

Yeah I was very happy with that Tony, and doubt you are spot on re another 10mpg.

• Like 1

Sorry Tony that should read no doubt. I’m infected with the dreaded Covid, and concentration level is not what it should be.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Bernard Foy said:

Sorry Tony that should read no doubt. I’m infected with the dreaded Covid, and concentration level is not what it should be.

Sorry to hear about that, I wish you quick recovery 👍 🙂

• Like 2

2nd fillup?! Blimey... according to my logs I'm on my 38th! :eek:   

I feel your car is going to hold its value a lot better than mine :laugh: 

Get well soon! :smile:

• Like 1

Just now, Cyker said:

Yes the owner of the dealership laughed when I told him too,😂🤣. Obviously as the weather improves and I recover from Covid, mileage will creep up a bit and I will keep you guys posted on MPG. Thanks for your good wishes 👍🙏

• Like 3

On 3/21/2022 at 8:45 PM, Bernard Foy said:

My 2022 Yaris Hybrid got its 2nd fill of petrol recently, so I checked the miles per gallon manually. It was 53MPG, which I thought was excellent considering the very short runs where the ice seldom gets to working temperatures and the hilly terrain where I live plus the very cold temperatures in January and February.

Your figures chime with mine Bernard (53) although today, she had a good long run out on country roads and the average tankful has now quickly climbed to 57.5 mpg without much effort on my part so you should see those gains that others have described pretty soon. My car will be 2 years old later this year and I'm still just on my 12th fillup...

Get well soon! 🙂

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CPN said:

Your figures chime with mine Bernard (53) although today, she had a good long run out on country roads and the average tankful has now quickly climbed to 57.5 mpg without much effort on my part so you should see those gains that others have described pretty soon. My car will be 2 years old later this year and I'm still just on my 12th fillup...

Get well soon! 🙂

At this rate she should see me out😝. Mileage should increase next month as a golfing trip to Mayo is planned. Thanks for your good wishes Colin👏🙏.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

20 fill ups in just under 6 months for us 😬

I am not showing off, just sharing my fuel consumption and cost. 53mpg not bad at all. Here I have one busy day at work that I needed to visit few places and this is something very usual for my job, back in the days when I was a cabbie in London I had never driven so much 🚗🥴🚧 , how many times I had refill, God knows I do at least 3 times a week. 🤐

6F68A027-4062-45EE-A7CC-8635EA39634C.jpeg

AEF7C753-DE75-4609-8692-5DDBEEF7858E.jpeg

• Like 1

The most impressive thing there is getting it dead-on £40!! :eek:  I always go over by 1p when I try to do that!! :laugh: 

• Haha 3

I frequently get over 50mpg with my RAV4 hybrid, I would have expected the Yaris to return in the 70's mpg ?

Iain

Mine does; Currently back up to 79.2mpg on the return home today! :biggrin: 

It definitely works better when the engine can keep itself warm; In winter the only way I could keep it from dropping into the mid-60s was by turning off the heater as that would suck all the heat out of the engine.

Now that it's getting warmer, the car is running the AC more and doesn't need the heater so the engine is much more efficient!

I think my lo-hi tank averages so far are 67mpg in winter and 82 in summer? (I reckon a more disciplined driver could get more, but I can't resist sending it any opportunity I get :laugh: )

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It definitely works better when the engine can keep itself warm; In winter the only way I could keep it from dropping into the mid-60s was by turning off the heater as that would suck all the heat out of the engine.

Now that it's getting warmer, the car is running the AC more and doesn't need the heater so the engine is much more efficient!

I think my lo-hi tank averages so far are 67mpg in winter and 82 in summer? (I reckon a more disciplined driver could get more, but I can't resist sending it any opportunity I get :laugh: )

You are a closet petrol head 🤣😂

More a wannabe petrol head! :laugh: 

Would love a fun car like a GR Yaris or GTR or MX5 or Impreza etc. but no way I can afford any of them, let alone the running costs or insurance! (And if I won one I'd instantly sell it and put the money into my I Want To Buy My Own House But Nobody Will Give Me Four Hundred Thousand Pounds fund).

But I've discovered over the years you don't need a stupidly expensive shouty car to have a fun drive! Even an Aygo can be fun to drive on the right sort of roads (i.e. Not a motorway or anything with hills :laugh: )

It's one thing I loved about my old Mk1 D4D and now the Mk4 Hybrid -  They'll haul up anything without breaking a sweat, but are so frugal you can go for a fun drive without seeing all the money disappear out your wallet. The novelty of the instant response still hasn't worn off so I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can before it becomes 'normal' :naughty:  :laugh: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

The most impressive thing there is getting it dead-on £40!! :eek:  I always go over by 1p when I try to do that!! :laugh: 

Same, that was one of kind and that’s why decided to share, and the mileage exact 278.0 🤣👍

• Haha 1

My Gen3 Yaris is loving the warmer weather, and now it has clocked up a whopping total of 12,000 miles, the fuel economy has improved notably over when I got it with nearly half that.

I've been eking up from an average of around 50-55mpg across winter (closer to 50 tank to tank, ~10% higher on the dash) to commuting and pottering around town netting me a dash average of 72mpg over the last 50 miles or so since my last fill. That's a mix of big hills, NSL and rural roads with a bit of town driving.

Admittedly, I've not been using the climate control, but equally, I've not needed it either.

• Like 1

Had a courtesy Corsa (new one) and cost me £60 to fill it up full with around 450mile range. 

Just filled up my Yaris only cost me £40 for pretty much the same range. 

So that's a £20 a week for me saving right there over a petrol car. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

More a wannabe petrol head! :laugh: 

Would love a fun car like a GR Yaris or GTR or MX5 or Impreza etc. but no way I can afford any of them, let alone the running costs or insurance! (And if I won one I'd instantly sell it and put the money into my I Want To Buy My Own House But Nobody Will Give Me Four Hundred Thousand Pounds fund).

But I've discovered over the years you don't need a stupidly expensive shouty car to have a fun drive! Even an Aygo can be fun to drive on the right sort of roads (i.e. Not a motorway or anything with hills :laugh: )

It's one thing I loved about my old Mk1 D4D and now the Mk4 Hybrid -  They'll haul up anything without breaking a sweat, but are so frugal you can go for a fun drive without seeing all the money disappear out your wallet. The novelty of the instant response still hasn't worn off so I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can before it becomes 'normal' :naughty:  :laugh: 

I did have an MX5 as a second car for about 5yrs, brilliant to drive, beautiful gearbox and always fun to drive.

I always fancied one and got it out of my system, would recommend 👍

Iain

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

Our best tank 66 mpg

Worst 50.2 mpg 🙄

20 hours ago, Cyker said:

Exactly a fiver!!! Enough for the loaner that will only do about 10 miles!!!

605368AE-2DA1-4311-886A-4B4ADB0D9F37.jpeg

• Haha 1

Remind me never to take on either of you in a quick-draw gunfight! :laugh: 

Back in the day, I used drive new cars from the storage depot 165 miles back to the dealership, but had supply the fuel out of my own pocket. I once had a particularly thirsty model and stopped at a filling station 10 miles from home and put in 50p 🤣😂.

• Haha 2