Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Hybrid MPG

Bernard Foy

On 3/23/2022 at 10:51 AM, TonyHSD said:

I am not showing off, just sharing my fuel consumption and cost. 53mpg not bad at all. Here I have one busy day at work that I needed to visit few places and this is something very usual for my job, back in the days when I was a cabbie in London I had never driven so much 🚗🥴🚧 , how many times I had refill, God knows I do at least 3 times a week. 🤐

6F68A027-4062-45EE-A7CC-8635EA39634C.jpeg

AEF7C753-DE75-4609-8692-5DDBEEF7858E.jpeg

Almost forgot what the display was like on my first hybrid.

That car was better, but smaller than the TS that I moved to later. Just too slow when pulling away on electric only.

• Like 1

67mpg on my Mk4 Yaris at the moment 😆

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is a bit old, but I am looking back on older threads now we have a hybrid. We have had our car 2.5 weeks (21 plate) and have just done 475 miles down south and back. According to the car we averaged 85 mpg which is backed up by the fuel used. Very pleased with that!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just ordered the MK4 excel, coming from current mk3 icon, it will be a really major shift for the better. Only maybe 9 months wait time 🙃

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dave hendy said:

I know this thread is a bit old, but I am looking back on older threads now we have a hybrid. We have had our car 2.5 weeks (21 plate) and have just done 475 miles down south and back. According to the car we averaged 85 mpg which is backed up by the fuel used. Very pleased with that!

Lol, is that real!? That figure was the dream of Ferdinand Piech back in late 90’s to create a car that consumes only around 3ltr per 100km., Toyota has done in 20 years later with Yaris hybrid 2020., and yes,  much more refined and better equipped car of course, plus the safest in class. Well done Toyota 👍 

And here about the Vw, well done too 👌

https://europe.autonews.com/article/19990719/ANE/907190817/with-lupo-3l-piech-says-vw-will-learn-from-the-bottom

Hey my tank average was close to that when I was trying to do an eco run!! :laugh: 

I think the Mk4 is capable of getting 90, maybe even 100mpg, but it would take very favourable conditions and far more discipline than I have! Hills definitely make it harder to keep the tank average in the 80's.

But the thing that makes the Mk4 so good is you don't have to drive economically to get high mpgs - It's why I'm so impressed as, despite my 'enthusiastic' driving style, my tank averages are still regularly low-mid 70's!!

That said, I managed to get mpgs in that ballpark in my old Mk1 D4D, but that was in summer and lots and lots of 50mph due to construction works. That's one thing that made finding a car to 'upgrade' to so difficult, as even now very few cars have come along which could get the sort of real-world mpg my nearly 20-year old Mk1 D4D could!

In fact I think the Mk4 is the first car that can actually beat it in the real world, as opposed to just on paper!

18 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Lol, is that real!? That figure was the dream of Ferdinand Piech back in late 90’s to create a car that consumes only around 3ltr per 100km., Toyota has done in 20 years later with Yaris hybrid 2020., and yes,  much more refined and better equipped car of course, plus the safest in class. Well done Toyota 👍 

And here about the Vw, well done too 👌

https://europe.autonews.com/article/19990719/ANE/907190817/with-lupo-3l-piech-says-vw-will-learn-from-the-bottom

14C978F6-7CE5-4FA1-9A39-0FC2AC0233B3.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

I think the Mk4 is capable of getting 90, maybe even 100mpg, but it would take very favourable conditions and far more discipline than I have! Hills definitely make it harder to keep the tank average in the 80's.

Sea level and low relief terrain really help, my best figures are at sea level, or lots of downhill to get to sea level 😉

• Like 1

Since I live in a hilly area, I usually get around 4l/100km or 60 MPG, even with a driver score of over 90. Highway consumption is also above 4l/100km, while country driving goes to 3.4l/100.

image.thumb.png.0b13a802e8c8e24e69efd7bba14102a4.png

• Like 2