Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which fuse for Front Dash Cam

GoonerKev

Hi, can anyone tell me please which fuse I can piggy-back off in the fuse box under the footwell for hardwiring in my Dash cam. Thank you

The fuse to use has been mentioned previously in a thread about fitting dash cams. I will see if I can find it tomorrow if nobody comes up with the answer before then.

• Like 1

Which vehicle is the dash cam being fitted to - the Yaris as per your profile or an Auris (which is the forum you've posted in)?

• Like 1

Many thanks dannyboy413, I'm sure I piggy-backed from the 15amp "Power Outlet" fuse on my old CHR but can't remember.

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Which vehicle is the dash cam being fitted to - the Yaris as per your profile or an Auris (which is the forum you've posted in)?

FrostyBalls (Mike), my Auris which I'm getting in a few days time. Thought I had changed the profile from Yaris to Auris, I will check that now, thank you.   Corrected👍

30 minutes ago, GoonerKev said:

Hi, can anyone tell me please which fuse I can piggy-back off in the fuse box under the footwell for hardwiring in my Dash cam. Thank you

Yes the 15amp power outlet used to be the cigarette lighter socket.

• Like 1

Thank you Bernard 👍

Hi, 

My dash cam came with a OBD ii wired plug, works like a charm and had no problem with the Battery drain. 

Stuff all this connecting to the fuse box ect. 

Maybe have a gander on Amazon

• Like 1

I cant be messed around with fuse boxes either.  My connection is a usb adapter in the aux (cig) connecter. Only a few inches of cable visible the way I have run it.

22 hours ago, GoonerKev said:

Many thanks dannyboy413, I'm sure I piggy-backed from the 15amp "Power Outlet" fuse on my old CHR but can't remember.

Yep that’s the one same on the latest corolla.

Thanks Chris 👍👍