Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to Exit Apple CarPlay to return to Toyota Screen

Tech429

Hi all,

After connecting my iPhone to the System via Apple CarPlay I can't seem to find how to remove the iPhone mirror and return to the Toyota Screen.

Is there a way to flip from one to the other without having to disable CarPlay on my iPhone?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Tel_man said:

Select the Toyota icon

I have the new Multimedia screen system with no physical buttons - so the only Toyota Icon I have showing is the MyT App on the Mirror Screen.  Not noticed anything else...

Having not seen CarPlay on a new multimedia system, are the soft buttons on the LHS of the screen still visible?

1 hour ago, Tech429 said:

I have the new Multimedia screen system with no physical buttons - so the only Toyota Icon I have showing is the MyT App on the Mirror Screen.  Not noticed anything else...

Checked again and have the Toyota Icon now.

28 minutes ago, Kental said:

Having not seen CarPlay on a new multimedia system, are the soft buttons on the LHS of the screen still visible?

Not sure what you mean on Soft Buttons.

The new system has no physical buttons around the screen.  All touchscreen now.  In CarPlay when your Phone screen is mirrored then all your icons and apps are visible and you can swipe the screen like you would your phone.  All shortcuts on home screen are there too - but there is a touch button that allows for moving through screens and back to home screen, etc.

If you mean the standard Toyota Screen soft buttons on the left they disappear when in CarPlay... but then Toyota system adds a Toyota Icon on your CarPlay screen so you can flip back to that screen - in addition a CarPlay soft button is at the top on the left to go back to that too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links