Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre sensor ecu writing

the fox

Got techstream all works fine till I try and code a new tyre sensor I get all the codes on the screen change number 1 to the new code but can't write to the ecu got a message "ID registration failed due to a communication error with the ECU while in initialization mode."

2 hours ago, the fox said:

Got techstream all works fine till I try and code a new tyre sensor I get all the codes on the screen change number 1 to the new code but can't write to the ecu got a message "ID registration failed due to a communication error with the ECU while in initialization mode."

How are you communicating with the car from Techstream? USB Serial OBDII cable or bluetooth?

you need to be in tech stream under the correct model code and specs otherwise it will fail

I'm using a Vim lead via USB all goes well till I ask it to write to the ECU it shows me the old codes I change number one and that's as far as i get

7 hours ago, the fox said:

I'm using a Vim lead via USB all goes well till I ask it to write to the ECU it shows me the old codes I change number one and that's as far as i get

Ok. Is Techstream showing your correct vehicle type number and VIN number once you are connected? (without doing anything else)

Some of the cheaper USB J2534 pass-thru VIMs seem incapable of writing the TPMS data properly via techstream.

e.g. This type will work with techstream, but when it comes to programming TPMS sensor IDs, it will fail:

https://www.cardiagtool.co.uk/cheapest-mini-vci-for-toyota.html

This one does program TPMS:

https://www.eobdtool.co.uk/wholesale/vxdiag-vcx-nano-toyota-diagnostic-tool.html

I know I have both. First type failed to program TPMS on A RAV via TS. Second type worked.

The software finds the vehicle showing Vin number etc. my USB lead says it's version 1.4 if that's any help

13 hours ago, the fox said:

The software finds the vehicle showing Vin number etc. my USB lead says it's version 1.4 if that's any help

See @shcm's post above.

The Mini VCI is Can Bus only, there is a VAG-com lead workaround for TS, what's a cheaper alternative to the VCX Nano, you can do a cable test in TS it will show what the VCI does

Let me see if i can find that thread (will post an edit)

https://mhhauto.com/Thread-FAQ-Toyota-Techstream-on-VAG-K-CAN-Commander-1-4-ELM327mod-and-VAG-KKL-409-1-k-line

ps. is this for the RAV4 as it's posted in the yaris forum

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links