Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Clock for British Summer Time

Catlover

I have had this Prius for over 3.5 years, but still struggle changing the clock time twice a year, and Sunday is looming when clocks spring forward an hour.             

Anyway, this afternoon I sat in the car in Ready mode (not been out for a few days) and thought I would scroll through all the settings.  I saw setting for severity of Lane Traffic Alert - I left that at "normal" (mid). Saw the setting for Collision warning, and altered that to see what difference it made, and I found the Clock settings.😃 I know its only Wednesday, but I am all set for Sunday now, no problems, it is altered.  I will do the wife's Auris tomorrow while I am on a roll.

• Like 3

Nothing like being prepared!! :laugh: 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about the Prius but in my Corolla the quickest way to get to the clock settings is to tap the clock on the screen.

• Like 3

It's ridiculous that the clock has to be manually adjusted.  

Many years ago, I had a 2002 Vauxhall Vectra which used RDS to change the clock automatically.  Why, in God's name, did Toyota leave out this feature I wonder.

I'm just glad I can add or subtract an hour so when we go back again I can just set it back one hour, instead of having to press a button 23 times to make it roll over like I have had to in all my previous cars :laugh: 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 6:33 PM, RWaggers said:

It's ridiculous that the clock has to be manually adjusted.  

Many years ago, I had a 2002 Vauxhall Vectra which used RDS to change the clock automatically.  Why, in God's name, did Toyota leave out this feature I wonder.

My Astra did the same.

Come on you guys, where's the fun in that?

I have to change the microwave clock, the oven clock, two wall clocks and two car clocks twice a year.  It all over in 15 minutes.  All my other time keeping devices look after themselves.

😃 😉 😆 🤣

• Haha 1

I'll be honest the clocks on some of those in this house are just wrong for half the year as we lost the manuals ages ago and nobody can figure out the correct incantation to change the time on them :laugh: