Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre pressures and TPWS

ICF

22 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

Yes the I’m calling in on Saturday morning and I’m gonna give them a damn good rollicking 😡😡😡.

In fact I’m so angry that I’ve brought my meeting with my dealership forward till tomorrow afternoon, I just couldn’t wait until Saturday 😂🤣😝

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

In fact I’m so angry that I’ve brought my meeting with my dealership forward till tomorrow afternoon, I just couldn’t wait until Saturday 😂🤣😝

I have to own up the reason for bringing the dealership appointment forward is that I secured a dental appointment which is only about five miles from the dealership so I’ll kill the two birds with one stone so to speak. There I feel much better now that I’ve confessed 🙏🤣

• Haha 3

You're going to stone your dealer for leaving a small white sticker on an interior light. That's a bit harsh 😁

• Haha 3

On 3/31/2022 at 1:26 PM, Big_D said:

You're going to stone your dealer for leaving a small white sticker on an interior light. That's a bit harsh 😁

The sales person is a pretty young lady in her early forties, and what she doesn’t know about cars is not worth knowing, especially Toyota’s. My harshness disappeared on seeing her welcoming smile. 💁‍♀️. She sorted out my technical problem in two minutes with a smile 😃 and laugh and I left a happy Toyota Yaris Hybrid owner. All thoughts of that little quarter square inch white sticker on the interior light gone and forgotten 💁‍♀️👏👏🥰.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think you must have an eye for,  and be susceptible to a pretty girl Bernard 😉

No harm in that, it's a healthy attribute 😃

Iain

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Another reason why women in the workplace are great - men see them smile and forget what they went in to whinge about! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The overinflation of tyre during manufacture can be for a couple of reasons:-

1. For Rolling Road test in-plant; to ensure side walls don't get damaged.

2. To ensure no flat spots are created during transit.

Pressures should be adjusted during PDI though to correct spec. I will go over mine with a fine toothcomb when collecting it within next 1-2 weeks. All this stuff not carried out needs to be reported to Toyota GB. Dealers are paid to check all these items. I will ask for the PDI checksheet on handover.

I believe it's mainly 2) for why they over inflate the tyres.

TBH for me the only really critical part of the PDI inspecting the bodywork for in-transit damage. All the fluids are done at the factory and, barring some major design flaw, should be all set (I still checked them anyway tho' after I found the tyres were at 60psi! :laugh: )

I'm not even that bothered about the labels being left on, being the sort of person who leaves the protective plastics on things :laugh: It was just a sign of sloppiness which makes you wonder what else haven't they bothered to do.

And leaving the tyres at 60psi is a lot better than what the other dealer did to me when they put on the steel rims (They gave it to me with the left side at 20psi!)

The first reason I listed is from experience. Only on certain brands of tyres though. I would hope that’s been sorted now and only No2 applies.

You're buying something worth £20k! Why shouldn’t it be handed over in A1 condition? Do we accept major faults with washing machines which cost £350? It’s just dealer laziness and them trying to penny-pinch. Annoys the hell out of me. 😡

• Like 3

Yeah, and as a first-time buying new experience it's put me off it in the future - I thought it would be a better experience than buying a second hand car, but it's just as bad. Just reinforces that my original plan to buy one of these in a few years time at a more reasonable price was the right plan, if my hand hadn't been forced by KHAAAN! and my Mk2 being the World's Most Unreliable Toyota Yaris :laugh: 

I'm just so glad the car is so smegging brilliant the poor showing by both dealers hasn't tarnished my enjoyment of it!

• Like 1

It looks as though the dealer claims about thorough PDI s are overly inflated.

It does have that feeling that some poor tech was given an hour to PDI all the new cars coming in on their own and ended up having to triage :laugh: 

The PDI can be a "filler" job slotted in the middle of other jobs to keep a tech busy. 

• Like 1

That sounds very plausible... there's that "I started it but then got called away and forgot what I was doing when I came back" sensation :laugh: 

The service departments of my dealers always seem like they've over-booked so not surprising.

They normally get the apprentice to carry them out from their first day. No mentoring, just follow check sheet. I’m sure established techs know how to make up their hours using PDIs to “cheat the system”……..and then the customer.

I’m certainly going to town on mine when it’s handed over.

On 4/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, Hybrid21 said:

I think you must have an eye for,  and be susceptible to a pretty girl Bernard 😉

No harm in that, it's a healthy attribute 😃

Iain

Yep sure is, I married one of them 😂🤣👏👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, Starensis said:

They normally get the apprentice to carry them out from their first day. No mentoring, just follow check sheet. I’m sure established techs know how to make up their hours using PDIs to “cheat the system”……..and then the customer.

I’m certainly going to town on mine when it’s handed over.

Surely all work should be signed off with a fully qualified technician.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Yep sure is, I married one of them 😂🤣👏👏

I married three of them! There was a good few years between each one of course 😄. Number three is quite happy though - at my age I can do not much more than just look. :crybaby:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

I married three of them! There was a good few years between each one of course 😄. Number three is quite happy though - at my age I can do not much more than just look. :crybaby:

Well that’s a much more healthy attribute David 👏👏

• Like 2