Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clock time set

StephenR Nash

Any ideas how to change the time on a 9” multimedia screen. Manuals are throwing us back and fourth. Car is a Yaris Cross LX hybrid 2022.  
thank you.  

I shall take a look once the wife is back home from work.  Thank you. 

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presume your car is a Yaris Cross Excel, rather than LX.

Check the following which may still apply to recent multimedia units - https://mag.toyota.co.uk/how-to-adjust-the-time-on-your-toyotas-clock/

Thank you frostyballs, found it on the stalk to change time.  After looking so much and the manual or manuals that didn’t point you any where near the !Removed! thing. 
really appreciated thank you.  

On 3/25/2022 at 5:24 PM, StephenR Nash said:

Thank you frostyballs, found it on the stalk to change time.  After looking so much and the manual or manuals that didn’t point you any where near the !Removed! thing. 
really appreciated thank you.  

I put an enquiry in to Toyota UK over a week ago pointing out that it was not covered in the car or 9" multimedia manual, this was their reply -

Thank you for your email regarding your Toyota Yaris Cross.

The clock can only be adjusted via the steering wheel within the multi-information display.

Many apologies for the owners manual not being clear as the multimedia manual for the Smart Connect system advises you to refer to the owners manual.

I will make sure to share your comments to the relevant team.

Thank you for contacting us at Toyota.

• Like 1

That's really bizarre - I swear I can change the time via the infotainment screen on my Mk4...! (I can definitely change the DST setting!)

just forget about daylight saving , just set it up for gps , i had the same with my previous design but when i set it to gps it changed instantly to the correct time.

• 7 months later...
On 3/25/2022 at 11:12 AM, StephenR Nash said:

Any ideas how to change the time on a 9” multimedia screen. Manuals are throwing us back and fourth. Car is a Yaris Cross LX hybrid 2022.  
thank you.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 11:14 PM, twintopp said:

just forget about daylight saving , just set it up for gps , i had the same with my previous design but when i set it to gps it changed instantly to the correct time.

Had to turn off GPS and toggle manually a few weeks back.

• 4 months later...

This is bizarre. Picked my Yaris Cross Excel in January. For the past week since the clocks went on an hour I’ve been trying to change the time. Finally found it on the wheel. However I can find no way of initiating automatic DST, and since it didn’t change automatically it’s obvious neither DST or GPS is operating. The manual supplied with the vehicle is next to useless.

Try the infomation screen instead of steering wheel controls my yaris is under clock then just toggle Daylight saving time to ON.

14 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Try the infomation screen instead of steering wheel controls my yaris is under clock then just toggle Daylight saving time to ON.

But is your Yaris fitted with the 9” unit ?

I think you can tap on the clock on the media screen and the menu appears to change setting

1 hour ago, Graham47 said:

But is your Yaris fitted with the 9” unit ?

It is. Tried the gear symbol and there is nothing in the sub menus to alter the clock. Thought I’d sussed it when I tapped the actual time display. Unfortunately all that did was display a large analog clock on the display. There were no facilities to make any changes to anything, including the time.

Sorry, my question was for @Derek.w.. who said he could do it via the main screen.

Checking in the online manual for the 9” unit (TAS600) there isn’t any mention of changing time via the smart connect system.

I changed the time on mine via the centre MID screen as per the reply from Toyota GB.

In the settings cog it’s actually the first option in the horizontal list but is partially hidden by some text so is easy to miss.

Try again and you should see it and then make changes.

IMG_0582.png

Graham47 Go into setup then select clock time zone Greenwich, Daylight saving time on.

ONLY for vehicles with multimedia system with GPS

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links