Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dealers sales bonus

ZZYGY

My car is at the dealers and  I want it on 1st April but the dealer is pushing to get it out before the month end.  I assume they are are trying to hit a target and get a bonus, is that still a thing? 
Also is it the date of registration or date of payment that counts towards the bonus?

Probably be the date of registration. 

Is a difference of 1 day going to make much difference for you?

Yes possibly there should be no rush, make them wait until you are ready

I picked mine up on the 22nd March, next tax due 1st March next year. Tell them not to register it until the fist of April and you will get the most out of your tax.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roger_N said:

Yes possibly there should be no rush, make them wait until you are ready

I picked mine up on the 22nd March, next tax due 1st March next year. Tell them not to register it until the fist of April and you will get the most out of your tax.

Tell them your reasons and asked them to pay the years tax👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Probably be the date of registration. 

Is a difference of 1 day going to make much difference for you?

Makes  no difference to me, 1 months tax, just thought I could squeeze a freebie if they are relying on the sale to get a substantial bonus.

• Like 1

If yours is a hybrid rather than PHEV, if first registered on or after 1st April, you will pay the increased vehicle tax due for 2022-23. So the difference in what you gain/lose between having it first registered in March as opposed to April will be under a tenner.

• Like 1

The dealership can tax it for a year & a few days. I questioned this when I picked up my Corolla last April. I got the car on 26th with 1 year 4 days tax on it. 

• Like 1

If you are part exchanging and looking for a 1st April collection, will you be delivering the car to the dealer on the 31st? 

If you are planning on driving there on the 1st you will need to have the car taxed for April. 

There are options but are they worth the hassle?

• Like 1

I suspect it will be to hit their month and quarter targets. If you can squeeze a bit more out of the deal then why not? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

If you are part exchanging and looking for a 1st April collection, will you be delivering the car to the dealer on the 31st? 

If you are planning on driving there on the 1st you will need to have the car taxed for April. 

There are options but are they worth the hassle?

The tax is not the issue, I could deliver it before midnight and come back for the changeover the next day it's only a couple of miles.  I'm really just interested in what they they are prepared to do for me to take it early. I have nothing to lose but do they ?  Maybe they have already hit their target so it could all be moot.

Update

Gutted, tested Covid positive so could not collect mine today. Have to postpone collection/handover till 10th. Never mind, got my original October price and trade in but no final sweetener, still an excellent deal though. 

Mild symptoms but i need to stay away from the missus as she has immunosuppressed. I'm going to learn Gran Turismo, see if I can get past level 1, doubt if there is a Rav4 in it 🤣

Hey Norman just wish you the best. No Rav4 in that game, what USA's most popular car, outrageous but then it has to remain as make-believe so I guess straying that close to reality would risk its credibility.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, ZZYGY said:

Update

Gutted, tested Covid positive so could not collect mine today. Have to postpone collection/handover till 10th. Never mind, got my original October price and trade in but no final sweetener, still an excellent deal though. 

Mild symptoms but i need to stay away from the missus as she has immunosuppressed. I'm going to learn Gran Turismo, see if I can get past level 1, doubt if there is a Rav4 in it 🤣

Sorry to hear you've got covid, it seems every other person I meet has got it, had it.  The RAV will be all the more a bonus at the end.

• Like 1