Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota GR Corolla to be unveiled Friday

FROSTYBALLS

Aww what a gyp! I mean, we do only have 2 GR models! Surely the BMW Supra doesn't *really* count as a GR model??? :laugh: 

I think they're making a typical Toyota boo-boo here as I bet the GR Corolla would be 10 times more popular than the Supra!

No mention of the mass tho'.

And c'mon AutoExpress - Since when was the T-Sport Corolla supercharged? Never, that's when! That was the Corolla Compressor! The clue is in the name!

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Auto Express today: 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/corolla/104846/toyota-gr-corolla-leaks-295bhp-triple-and-manual-transmission

Extract:

"The Toyota GR Corolla won’t be coming to the UK, however, a Toyota GB spokesperson confirmed. One reason for this could be Gazoo Racing’s ‘Power of Three’ ethos, which involves only three GR models being sold in one market at the same time. In Europe, we already have three - the GR Yaris, the GR Supra and the new GR86. In North America, the lack of GR Yaris provides a ‘space’ for the hot Corolla."

Where is the sad face emoji.. it looks seriously good, much more appealing to me than the Yaris.

Even if the GR Corolla came to the UK, you could guarantee that Toyota UK would limit the equipment & options available to UK buyers to annoy them.

Plenty of people including myself moaned about the GR Yaris not being available to order with both Convenience & Circuit packs fitted - let alone UK versions not getting heated seats.

• Like 1

Yeah, I also really wish Toyota would add "... and the Kitchen-sink" grades to their lineups (i.e. just put everything possible on it!)

I never got the complaint with the GR 'tho as almost every owner seems to want to modify it anyway - Half the people that got the Circuit pack changed the rims straight away (Made it really easy to tell the posers from the pro's - So many don't seem to understand the significance of the Circuit pack having *forged alloy* rims, and replaced them with fancy-looking cast alloys which probably weighed 150% more :laugh: )

It it was me, I'd buy the Convenience pack (I have a HUD addiction and I don't care!) and just get Fensport or someone to stick some torsen LSDs on it for me - Voila, best of both worlds!

48 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

Where is the sad face emoji..

I don't use them 😂

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I don't use them 😂

☹️🙁😞

23 hours ago, davidif said:

Some maybe, but not all. I have colleagues in the office (at a law firm) who are only interested in peak bhp!

Which I’m sure they will never need as they lift off the gas to avoid breaking the law at 60mph  😉

2 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

Which I’m sure they will never need as they lift off the gas to avoid breaking the law at 60mph  😉

😂🤣😂

Interesting if you can stand the hype 😉

15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Auto Express today: 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/corolla/104846/toyota-gr-corolla-leaks-295bhp-triple-and-manual-transmission

Extract:

"The Toyota GR Corolla won’t be coming to the UK, however, a Toyota GB spokesperson confirmed. One reason for this could be Gazoo Racing’s ‘Power of Three’ ethos, which involves only three GR models being sold in one market at the same time. In Europe, we already have three - the GR Yaris, the GR Supra and the new GR86. In North America, the lack of GR Yaris provides a ‘space’ for the hot Corolla."

The GR86 won’t be here after 2023, not clear if GRY production will stop, I don’t think you can’t actually order one at the moment, so that only leaves the Supra 🤷‍♂️

See: