Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My profile on 9inch smart connect screen

drobb

Yaris cross dynamic with 9 inch smart connect screen.... When I set up my profile to mymic myt profile using the QR code method..... It doesn't store the profile and keeps reverting to guest profile when you next restart the car...... Has anyone else experienced this.... Cheers

1 hour ago, drobb said:

Yaris cross dynamic with 9 inch smart connect screen.... When I set up my profile to mymic myt profile using the QR code method..... It doesn't store the profile and keeps reverting to guest profile when you next restart the car...... Has anyone else experienced this.... Cheers

In the head units settings you need to tell the car how to identify you, either by individual key fob or bluetooth connection you have to select one or the car will always default to guest until you manually login

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Thanks for the reply.... I got to the point where I identified myself using the car key which was accepted....but it defaults to guest mode the next time we turn the car on..... It's baffling, just wanted to know if it's a generic problem or just our car.... Trip to the dealer is probably in order, but it's some miles away..... Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Drobb,

Yes this happened to me yesterday, I took delivery on the car on Friday and have been faffing with it for hours.

So, I managed to get it working by using the QR code and scanning it on my phone. But, I ended up removing everything to begin with and re adding it all again.

Ive been having a few problems with Android Autoplay and ended up connecting via USB. Which isn't great, as I have a cable in the way and Im not a fan.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Lxz said:

Ive been having a few problems with Android Autoplay and ended up connecting via USB. Which isn't great, as I have a cable in the way and Im not a fan.

It is possible to make a pretty neat installation using a good bracket and a short cable with right angle connectors...

PXL_20210102_084654181.thumb.jpg.3eac2c4ecc884e41830cda90f281c22d.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CPN said:

It is possible to make a pretty neat installation using a good bracket and a short cable with right angle connectors...

PXL_20210102_084654181.thumb.jpg.3eac2c4ecc884e41830cda90f281c22d.jpg

What App is that and is it just connected to the car USB?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidrat said:

It's an app called "Hybrid Assistant" (Android only I'm afraid) and you can find out about it here

The USB connection is passing Android Auto to the car's head unit (also powering the phone) and connecting via bluetooth for both the phone functionality (also to the head unit) and Hybrid Assistant communicating with the car's various ECUs via an OBDII dongle (OBDLink LX) that is plugged in to the diagnostics socket.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/29/2022 at 6:55 AM, drobb said:

Thanks for the reply.... I got to the point where I identified myself using the car key which was accepted....but it defaults to guest mode the next time we turn the car on..... It's baffling, just wanted to know if it's a generic problem or just our car.... Trip to the dealer is probably in order, but it's some miles away..... Cheers

Bought ours in September, finally delivered on 31 12 2021, yes our 9 in screen has exactly the same problem, which is almost 3 mnths now, have given up with it it doesnt seem to make any difference being logged in as a guest. the message goes if you leave it on the screen.

The myT app records all the mileage, journeys, estimated MPG, use of EV mode etc so it doesnt seem to make a lot of difference that I have noticed.

Hopefully when the car is due its 10,000 mile service later this year the dealer can sort it out.

9 minutes ago, daimler.driver said:

Bought ours in September, finally delivered on 31 12 2021, yes our 9 in screen has exactly the same problem, which is almost 3 mnths now, have given up with it it doesnt seem to make any difference being logged in as a guest. the message goes if you leave it on the screen.

The myT app records all the mileage, journeys, estimated MPG, use of EV mode etc so it doesnt seem to make a lot of difference that I have noticed.

Hopefully when the car is due its 10,000 mile service later this year the dealer can sort it out.

Glad to know it's not just me then..... Don't really know the benefit of using your profile anyway..... I just wanted to avoid keep seeing that guest profile warning

On another note..... Can you turn the radio off.... I can't.... Only option I can see is to mute the sound.......otherwise the previously played radio station comes on when you turn the car back on.... 

On 3/30/2022 at 7:09 AM, Sidrat said:

Oh now thats pretty! 

Im going to order a shorter UBA cable I think then and see where that gets me. 

I've managed to get the HDU nasty looking compass off my screen, using a Youtube video in German and I dont speak any German 🤣 anyway, on key thing is not to use settings it unless the car is parked or not moving, otherwise it wont let you in.

Anyway, the last issue I now have is the HUD has a nav option, and its selected as "yes" however it will not bring up nav at all on the HUD, so Ill be taking it to toyota to work out whats wrong.

I seem to be having intermittent kick powered boot problems too, but Im thinking it might be user error again 🤣 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lxz said:

Anyway, the last issue I now have is the HUD has a nav option, and its selected as "yes" however it will not bring up nav at all on the HUD, so Ill be taking it to toyota to work out whats wrong. 

The nav option in the HUD will only work if you have the builtin SatNav installed as opposed to Android Auto/Apple Carplay. (neither of which it will work with)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPN said:

The nav option in the HUD will only work if you have the builtin SatNav installed as opposed to Android Auto/Apple Carplay. (neither of which it will work with)

Ok, soo let me understand this. I have the Yaris Cross premier cross edition, no upgrades. So comes with JBL screen.

I have a Nav option on my JBL screen (loads maps and gives me directions) and dashboard when not using Android Auto play.

Are you saying I need to purchase the built in SatNav for it to work? Surely Nav does the same thing?

1 hour ago, Lxz said:

I have a Nav option on my JBL screen (loads maps and gives me directions) and dashboard when not using Android Auto play.

image.thumb.png.eb16cec41dca0768677f766dc468785c.png

As far as I can tell from the website (I don't own a Yaris Cross) your Premier Edition has "connected cloud Navigation" which sounds to me like it is not the same as if it had a built-in SatNav option (they get that as standard in mainland Europe) and therefore doesn't link to the HUD unit in the same way but I may be wrong...

1 hour ago, Lxz said:

Are you saying I need to purchase the built in SatNav for it to work? Surely Nav does the same thing?

The end result may well be the same but the actual electronics of implementing it is probably not... (hence why it doesn't interface with the HUD unit in the way that you want). You need to check with your dealer or else someone else on here will correct me if I am wrong...

(btw, "JBL" is purely to do with the audio side of the head unit system and nothing else)

UPDATE: Apparently, The Yaris Cross Prem Ed. should have the Nav come up on the HDU. However, they have updated the Nav software and its not pulling it through to HDU, there on with a fix at Toyota HQ (or wherever the tech place is) and then the car needs to go back to the dealers for a software update after.

So its a known issue.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CPN said:

As far as I can tell from the website (I don't own a Yaris Cross) your Premier Edition has "connected cloud Navigation" which sounds to me like it is not the same as if it had a built-in SatNav option (they get that as standard in mainland Europe)

The newer 9" HD Toyota Smart Connect uses a cloud-based service for navigation (comes with a built-in SIM for a mobile data connection).

The older 8" Toyota Touch 2 uses more traditional satnav using on-board map data.

Which you get depends on the trim level and packs you add.

Both systems support Android Auto & Apple CarPlay which can use smartphone-based navigation instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2022 at 9:04 AM, drobb said:

on another note..... Can you turn the radio off.... I can't.... Only option I can see is to mute the sound.......otherwise the previously played radio station comes on when you turn the car back on.... 

Press and hold the "Home" button until the screen goes off

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Press and hold the "Home" button until the screen goes off

I suspect @drobb still wants the screen on but not the radio playing. I believe you have to switch the source to USB (and not plug anything in).

2 hours ago, IT Troll said:

I suspect @drobb still wants the screen on but not the radio playing. I believe you have to switch the source to USB (and not plug anything in).

That's the only way I have found to stop it playing.

3 hours ago, Dexter290 said:

That's the only way I have found to stop it playing.

Interesting because it is completely different behaviour to how it is in the normal Yaris. I tried it earlier. If you just push the volume button so that it says "Audio off" and then turn off the car completely, when you get back in and start the car, the head unit starts up exactly the same way it was left at switch off; which is, "Audio off"... (doesn't start playing anything)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CPN said:

Interesting because it is completely different behaviour to how it is in the normal Yaris. I tried it earlier. If you just push the volume button so that it says "Audio off" and then turn off the car completely, when you get back in and start the car, the head unit starts up exactly the same way it was left at switch off; which is, "Audio off"... (doesn't start playing anything)

Haven't tried that, will give it a go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPN said:

Interesting because it is completely different behaviour to how it is in the normal Yaris.

Well it is a completely different system. The Yaris Cross is the first model to get infotainment based on Toyota Smart Connect. It will be rolled out to other models this year, starting with the Corolla and C-HR.

• Like 1

When I picked mine up on Tuesday neither me or the salesman could get the app to recognise the QR code or entering the code manually.  The salesman said drive for a time and then try, got back to work, scanned the QR code and everything worked OK.  Profile comes up correctly every time I power up. 

One nice thing with the 9" system over the Touch 2 is that if you are in DAB radio when a traffic announcement comes through the system broadcasts it.   On my Corolla with the same system this would only happen if you were listening on FM.

• 8 months later...

I have this same problem. Got my car in September took it back to the sales man twice he didn't seem to know much about the system, said it was new .Booked it in for tech guys to look at all they did was confirm the software was up to date which took all day .Sent in emails with video and photos to explain the issue. Dealer took the car in for 3 days told me Toyota would login remotely and resolve .Picked the car you to find that didn't happen, tech guy just logged in 3 times a day. He showed me what he  had done but the car refused to log his phone off took him 20 mins .I am now reporting in by email every incident but no response from Toyota not getting any customer service from dealer or Toyota  

I think this is down to connectivity problems with the mobile network. If it loses connection for a long enough period, it logs you out. Are you parked in the same location when you experience this issue?

I also find it better to link your profile to the key rather than your mobile phone.

I agree with IT Troll, it may be a connectivity issue and slow processor issue.

My 2021 YC with Smart Connect also starts off displaying the Guest Profile but after the head unit has sorted itself out(~30 seconds) it connects to Toyota servers and brings up my profile. The Toyota servers are not always available and this can cause an issue.

PS Make sure you have not enabled privacy mode in the My T app. I think this stops the profile do action working, until reset.