Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 PHEV 2022 Dog guard fitting?

chand-o

Hi All,

Got my new Rav4 Phev a couple of weeks ago and i have picked up a genuine toyota dog guard from a 2021 Rav4 but im having trouble getting it to fit. The brackets at the base foul the floor preventing it from fitting. Anyone else experienced this? The manual says the guard should fit all PHEVs from 06/2020 onwards.

Thanks in advance!

20220328_184925.jpg

20220328_184913.jpg

20220328_184930.jpg

20220328_184937.jpg

I don't have a dog, let alone a dog guard, nor a PHEV for that matter, so dumb questions only ... 😉

Do you have the instructions? Are you following them?

RAV4_DogGuard_PW255_42004_AIM_006_043_0.pdf

I can't tell from your pictures and your description what is actually wrong, but the instructions suggest that the floor should be removed before fitting, and that the bottom brackets should initially be no more that finger tight so there should be a bit of play in the system while you fit the guard itself.

I do have the instructions.

The problems is when I try to refit the floor it wont go past the brackets. There is not enough space underneath and the distance between the brackets is narrower than the width of floor.

I'm interested as I was planning to get the same with my Rav4. Those brackets don't look the same as in the instructions. The ones in the instructions have a curve in them that lift them off the floor. Yours don't seem to have that.

Pete

I think that's just the drawing. All the ones i can see for sale have the same brackets and the previous version has completely different brackets.

These don't look to be the same to me.
That bracket should be curved and raised so it sits above the base tray?

image.thumb.png.b50eeb8ce5b688d812f8182627904915.png

image.thumb.png.32fddfd2081f7aa6b44c9e828a67dee5.png

yes they don't match the drawing, non of the 2019 onwards dog guard brackets match the manual. <2018 have totalling different brackets.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144473035035?hash=item21a343911b:g:EG4AAOSwSatiL19w

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304390209107?hash=item46df11fe53:g:jCEAAOSwgiJiKQm1

Was the guard purchased brand new from Toyota or is it second hand?

Got my new Rav4 Phev a couple of weeks ago and i have picked up a genuine toyota dog guard from a 2021 Rav4 but im having trouble getting it to fit. The brackets at the base foul the floor preventing it from fitting. Anyone else experienced this? The manual says the guard should fit all PHEVs from 06/2020 onwards.

Thanks in advance!

Back the D ring bolts off, the same with the upper bolts, put the thumb screws in place not ultra tight, then use a packer/ wedge under the guard its self to lift it, nip the d ring bolts up

Tried this. I did notice that the bolt hole thread is not in the centre of the plastic cut out. There is a plastic tab that stops the D ring rotating which holds the brackets lower as they have a piece of metal over the hole that prevents it sitting higher. I did trim the on side slightly to see if that alleviated the problem but it made no difference. 

Attached is a picture of the fixing point in my 2020 4.5 HEV - the arrangement in the HEV is clearly different to that in the PHEV as shown in your photos. I'm pretty sure that the 'straight' brackets would fit fine in the HEV; equally it would appear that the PHEV requires the 'elbowed' brackets illustrated in the fitting instructions ...

20220329_141617.jpg

I think ... ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links