Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lots of new Corolla's on the road today!

davidif

Driving to work on the M5 Motorway this morning between J6 and J5 I saw no fewer than 4 car transporters loaded with Corolla hatchbacks. Plenty of new owners soon to be taking delivery.

I wouldn't usually think twice about this but with all of the current talk of lengthy waits etc .......

• Like 2

Mine is a 2021 reg but since getting it I've noticed loads of Corollas knocking about. Not seen another GR estate though.

• Like 3

About 90% of the ones I see around are Icon or Icon Tech spec as no privacy glass.  To be fair I think I see more TS models than hatch.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kental said:

About 90% of the ones I see around are Icon or Icon Tech spec as no privacy glass.  To be fair I think I see more TS models than hatch.

Because these are mostly taxis, private hire or business vehicles. There are also excel and design trims as ph cars in London and few GR versions. Trek is the one that you won’t see it often as seems to be non popular although I think is one of the best TS version. 👌🛞

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Because these are mostly taxis, private hire or business vehicles. There are also excel and design trims as ph cars in London and few GR versions. Trek is the one that you won’t see it often as seems to be non popular although I think is one of the best TS version. 👌🛞

Interestingly most if not all were white, I couldn't make out spec/trim although I wonder if they were heading to a large private hire fleet or fleets?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, davidif said:

Interestingly most if not all were white, I couldn't make out spec/trim although I wonder if they were heading to a large private hire fleet or fleets?

Mine will be a white Design, but as it is still in order processing don’t expect it to be on a transporter yet!

• Like 2

Yep the new Corolla Hybrid is another Toyota winner.!!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Yep the new Corolla Hybrid is another Toyota winner.!!

I'm planning on it being my next car after the Auris

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davidif said:

My personal purchase Design on order is solid white.

Once residual value, discounts and the £600 cost for metallic was taken into account, it was almost the same price for a metallic Icon Tech verses a white Design.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kental said:

My personal purchase Design on order is solid white.

Once residual value, discounts and the £600 cost for metallic was taken into account, it was almost the same price for a metallic Icon Tech verses a white Design.

Excellent, though Icon tech is most fuel efficient trim due to 16 inch wheels. 

• Like 1

Good thoughts about the colour and specs, I will do the same 😉👌 Design TS 1.8 in white, I can swap the wheels for 16” afterwards, I did with my Auris although the efficiency it’s almost the same the comfort is  on another level , I can actually pick another colour because most likely will be buying used one, if not for something else I can not wait more than a week for a car to arrive. 😄👍

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

Excellent, though Icon tech is most fuel efficient trim due to 16 inch wheels. 

I remove the Eco tyres and fit Cross Climates (or equivalent) so ultimate economy is not the main goal. The ride was good on the Excel I test drove (18” wheels) so looking forward to it. Also being a sucker for that kind of thing, the diamond turned 17” wheels & the privacy glass set the car off.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:I can actually pick another colour because most likely will be buying used one, if not for something else I can not wait more than a week for a car to arrive. 😄👍

You pay a pretty penny for the option to buy used currently. Especially if you are using finance.

l would have the same (if not slightly more) monthly payment on a PCP for a 19 plate used car compared to a brand new one.

The interest on a used PCP  is almost  £3300 on an used example on Auto Trader and that is 5.9 apr so pretty good. Add that to the £1000 deposit allowance currently available and a very fair discount we were offered, it would be crazy to not to take Toyota up on their very fair offer.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kental said:

You pay a pretty penny for the option to buy used currently. Especially if you are using finance.

l would have the same (if not slightly more) monthly payment on a PCP for a 19 plate used car compared to a brand new one.

The interest on a used PCP  is almost  £3300 on an used example on Auto Trader and that is 5.9 apr so pretty good. Add that to the £1000 deposit allowance currently available and a very fair discount we were offered, it would be crazy to not to take Toyota up on their very fair offer.

I will get it cheaper than new at least £5k otherwise not buying it. , or will buy brand new one when they have in stock. I have no plans to buy a new car soon. 👍

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kental said:

Yes I am paying less per month on my new one than my previous one

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I will get it cheaper than new at least £5k otherwise not buying it. , or will buy brand new one when they have in stock. I have no plans to buy a new car soon. 👍

My lease Skoda has to go back this year. I considered leasing a Corolla, but for the difference of less than £10 a month I felt buying was worthwhile especially as 68 plate cars are currently going for 6k more than the residual price 

• Like 1

Mine was 10 months old and 5k miles, it cost me 18k cash plus a GT86.

I did consider selling the 86 privately as I could have got a higher price but I really couldn't be doing with idiots it would have no doubt attracted.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm seeing loads of them too, and also Yaris Mk4's!! They've even made a dent in the vast number of Tesla Model 3s that were suddenly popping up everywhere! :laugh: 

Even saw a few GR4 in convoy on the weekend - Was half-tempted to follow them to see if they were going to a fun road... :naughty:  :laugh: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Good thoughts about the colour and specs, I will do the same 😉👌 Design TS 1.8 in white, I can swap the wheels for 16” afterwards, I did with my Auris although the efficiency it’s almost the same the comfort is  on another level , I can actually pick another colour because most likely will be buying used one, if not for something else I can not wait more than a week for a car to arrive. 😄👍

😀 I’m not caring about waiting for a car either T, but my patience would extend a bit bit longer than a week. For my present car I had to wait three weeks which was bordering on the edge of my waiting time 🤣😂🚗

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

😀 I’m not caring about waiting for a car either T, but my patience would extend a bit bit longer than a week. For my present car I had to wait three weeks which was bordering on the edge of my waiting time 🤣😂🚗

Our Yaris was in stock so yes the Corolla wait is a pain. However the Skoda lease ends in November so the longer the wait the less early termination fee. Swings and roundabouts as you say 🤣🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Cross Climates with the 17” wheels are a convincing compromise. Softer sidewalls give better ride and less road noise alongside the looks afforded by the machined bigger wheels.

• Like 1

When we were shopping in January, we were looking for Corolla. Was told it would take 4-6 months. We liked CHR in the showroom and went for it. We were lucky to get the car in 4 weeks. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah I'm seeing loads of them too, and also Yaris Mk4's!! They've even made a dent in the vast number of Tesla Model 3s that were suddenly popping up everywhere! :laugh: 

Even saw a few GR4 in convoy on the weekend - Was half-tempted to follow them to see if they were going to a fun road... :naughty:  :laugh: 

The Yaris was 4th best selling car in UK during September. We were happy to be one of the numbers. The Corolla up to end of February is the 9th best seller of the year, we must be doing something right with our choices.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

I pick up my new Corolla tomorrow and, rather surprisingly I thought, I am getting the new car for a bit less per month than I am paying for the old, (2 years old), one.  When I was given the figures about six weeks ago, I thought that it was an offer too good to refuse. 👍

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

I pick up my new Corolla tomorrow and, rather surprisingly I thought, I am getting the new car for a bit less per month than I am paying for the old, (2 years old), one.  When I was given the figures about six weeks ago, I thought that it was an offer too good to refuse. 👍

3 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

Our Yaris purchase took advantage of an exceptional trade in on a 2 year old Fiesta. Granted it is not cheaper per month than the Fiesta, but the extra per month covered by the improved economy, all the other benefits are just a bonus!!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links