Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Tubby Very Unhappy Abs ?

remark

Hi Guys

Driving home last night along the main road that my road is off, hammering it boosting away happily doing about 60 and then breaked a little as my road was about 100meters away. Went to go on the gas again, gently, and the car started to stutter and ***** a bit (i.e. not happy) at the same time the ABS and OIL lights come on (no check engine) and the car wouldn't rev anymore and the brakes seemed to be seized up real bad but the car was still braking just the peddle hardly went down, really stiff. As I was coasting to the top of my road the engine just cut out and I pulled to a stop. Panicked cos i tried to restart it and nothing. Got out set the alarm. Waited a second then unlocked it again and got back in. Started straight away pulled into my road and parked. Was a bit jerky this morning, and I filled up the oil aswell just in case. Am now concernd as to whats wrong....got any ideas please. :( :( I'm thinking it might be an ABS fault, cos my suspension is a bit ****** at the moment and i've been over a couple of nasty bumps...and could have knocked the sensor out. When I turned the key this morning the ABS self check (whirring sound) went on and on for ages before stopping and I started her up. (but if it is ABS, why oil light aswell and why no other lights?)

Cheers

Adam

Hi, just read your post, try taking off the wheels to gain access to the ABS ring on the wheel - usually around the C.V. joint, clean it up as best you can with a soft wire brush, opposite this should be the sensor, clean it gently with a soft damp cloth. If you can get hold of a multimeter, set it to the Ohms setting/reading and link the contacts to the sensor and ring, and slowly spin the wheel. It should be reading around 0.6 Ohms, but if youve got a manual it should say in there (if its different)

Also should check the brake fluid level and condition, if its a very dark or black in color Id advise changing it, or you could put the car in for a service and it should get done then (on an A service).

Hope this helps :thumbsup: