Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris vvti Mk2 & Mk3 Standard Petrol engines.

Xpcoindetective

Due to large price hikes in fuel costs smaller engines seem more popular than ever before, and Mpg is being probably one of the more important things to consider when purchasing any vehicle. I understand that official Mpg by any given car maufacturer is not always that accurate obviously there are a whole lot of variables to consider." some being onboard weight and type of terrain i.e. flat roads, hills motorway or round town trips each will vary depending also on how the vehicle is driven try doing a motorway run at a constant 50 to 67 mph keeping under 2000 revs if at all possible and watch the difference to having foot down at maximum plus speed limits big difference in fuel consumption.

My question is: I own a diesel d4d Yaris and get very a good 55+ mpg but I don't travel as far as I used to do so have decided to opt for a small petrol 1.0 or 1.3 Mk2 or Mk3, "not yet made my mind up". Any owners of either 1.0 or 1.3 Yaris what would you say you get on average mpg?

Any infomation regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated, also thank you to everyone who posted their comments to my last recent topic 5***** rating for all your posts very useful information indeed.

Very best regards,

Andy.

Andrew, I consistently achieve high 40s m.p.g. with my c.v.t.,1.33l Mk 3. I check using "brim to brim" method and mileage between fills. Not the car's guess.

I try to drive economically with a light right foot and anticipation! That's a mixture of dual carriageway (60-70mph") rural and town driving. Not been on a M'way for a while but keeping to a conservative (small c:laugh:)speed a return of over 50mpg is possible.

I did briefly own a Mk 2 D4D and that achieved a similar mpg to yours, usually 60+mpg.

The 1.4 D4D 1ND-TV is a great engine - It took Toyota what, 15 years to get their hybrids to beat that engine for mpg!

The petrols ones don't really get near it and are far more gutless by comparison - You really have to rev them a lot to get anything like the pull of the D4D.

I answered in your other thread about the mpg, but to recap my Mk2 1.33 was mid-high 40's to low mid 50's mpg-wise, but with a far more conservative driving style compared to just hooning the D4D around :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links