Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biofunctional cabin air filter, does the yellow part go up or down auris hybrib TS 2013-2018

Yves LR

Its confusing, I  put the yellow on top, thats where fresh air comes in from. Hope thats the correct way.

• Like 1

Unless there’s a top identification on it, it shouldn’t make any difference which side is up, or if it can only be fitted one way.

• Like 1

Does it have an "air flow" arrow/indication anywhere?

I see that it is also the same fitment as Mk 2 and 3 Yaris models. If the air flow is the same as a Yaris, don't anticipate it's not, then the outer fold of the filter medium is up. Or the extreme ends of the filter medium is down.

Just insert with air flow from top to bottom, or with letters In correct directions, not upside down is the usual way. Don’t forget to change often at least once a year or every 10k miles. Even you have the most advanced pollen filter these days roads are too busy and that congestion cause a huge pollution and this filter is actually the only thing that stop driver and passengers inhale that harmful particles from the cars around. 👌👍

• Like 1

Autodoc UK was wrong into the movie! Comment from Marcel T is right and Autodoc comfirmed it.

So the filter must be set with an upward arrow (yellow part must be up)!

On 4/3/2022 at 12:03 PM, roks said:

Its confusing, I  put the yellow on top, thats where fresh air comes in from. Hope thats the correct way.

you dit it the right way 😉

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2022 at 1:28 PM, Yves LR said:

you dit it the right way

Well, it appears that ones I've had were 'Carbon activated' not the antifungal ones.

Realised this as I just bought the latter and the air flow arrow make the yellow side down on my auris as the air is coming from the top.

20220409_153324.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/9/2022 at 4:25 PM, roks said:

Well, it appears that ones I've had were 'Carbon activated' not the antifungal ones.

Realised this as I just bought the latter and the air flow arrow make the yellow side down on my auris as the air is coming from the top.

20220409_153324.jpg

this is what the answer was from autodoc on the comments from their youtube movie: "You are absolutely right, the filter must be set with an upward arrow, we will definitely take this into account in the following videos. AUTODOC"

20220409_153324.jpg

Just now, Yves LR said:

20220409_153324.jpg

This is the one: https://catalog.mann-filter.com/EU/eng/catalog/MANN-FILTER Katalog Europa/CUK 1919

😉

We mentioned above earlier: the air flow on the car is from up towards down the dashboard therefore the filter should be installed with this in mind.
Oem Toyota filter shows arrow pointing up which represents how the filter needs to go in and this is how should be installed,  where in this yellow filter and many other aftermarket ones the arrow pointing down shows the air flow which matches the car air flow direction of the car.  Common sense is important not what someone says online. Autodoc, the car care nut, scotty, bolts n nuts, and many more has valuable advice and suggestions but they are not always right. Here I have my filters that I use and arrow points down., I am 100% sure this is how should be installed and I do change this filter every 2-3 months. Blueprint ADT32514 highly recommended, cheap but actually higher quality than Toyota oem one. 👍

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173521013506?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CfWbZDI9QQ6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

BD73F997-1DCA-4AE0-80D2-DD63A92A98C5.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi , Can I just clarify if I use adt32514 when installed the arrow needs to point towards the ground, thanks 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Eddiefh said:

Hi , Can I just clarify if I use adt32514 when installed the arrow needs to point towards the ground, thanks 

Key here is does the arrow show "air flow" direction (most aftermarket ones) or does it say "install this way up" like the toyota ones?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here’s the original cabin pollen filter from my 2016 Auris Excel hybrid hatchback. (My car has fully automatic dual zone climate control).

Filter part number: 87139-YZZ16

eBay is a good source for filters.

Simple to fit. Hope this info helps. 🙂👍🏻

2AE9F7BD-2BC9-4B3D-9C5D-CE979C09BC57.jpeg

Mine had a very clear ⬆️UP marking on the filter, making it idiot proof to change. It’s not the active charcoal filter though (that combats smells). Just an ordinary pollen type. 

• 1 month later...

Cabin filter from OEM Denso are from fiberglass, we can wash it with laundry detergent and reuse it with 99.99% of its original structures. Bosch filter is also good, smooter, and from fiber glass too. These types are resistant to mold. 

Other filters becomes very flimsy and loose the rigidity after get wet because it is mainly paper base. They get mold very easily.