Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo MMT

phillev

Well I've had my 2020 Aygo for a couple of months now and so far I'm quite impressed with it. Having had two others one a 15 plate and the other a 2020 manual I decided to go for the MMT because I never go out of town and a manual box was becoming a chore. Have to agree with some on here that the box is better than the press it receives and I've only really noticed issues every now and again at roundabouts where it gets a bit muddled and on hills. The paddle shift is great and as long as you up your foot changes are nice and smooth I also think this one seems to be built better than my others but time will tell. Fuel economy seems a bit worse but negligible for the fact I now don't have to keep stirring the gearbox. Overall happy!

1 hour ago, phillev said:

I've only really noticed issues every now and again at roundabouts where it gets a bit muddled and on hills.

When I got my Mk2 in October 2020 I went for the MMT after driving a manual Mk1 for over 10 years (since April 2010).

Like you I found the gear shifts got a bit muddled at times especially on the hills where I used to live in north Devon, so I now always drive it in M mode and use the paddles to change gear when I want.

I would agree with your overall happy comment.

Well, Toyota has had 20 years to refine it (now killed off)

it's fine while it's working, when up in miles and age they start to go bad - small car, driven hard and put away wet and not looked after

I've had five of these and it's better in m mode and use the paddles

• Like 2

I too have the auto and agree with the comments . Im just approaching 2500 miles from new . I think its improving a bit (smother changing) . Most clunky change , if you want to call it that is from 1st to second. I too favour the manual due to the confusion  

I have a manual Aygo (2021) but find the change between 1 and 2 to be the worst one too.

When the car is cold, there is only one gear that will make a bad sound (syncromesh cracking sound) on the first kilometer. After 1 km, I won't hear it again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links