Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Space saver spare wheel

robo1

I Purchased a 2021 RAV 4 Excel , with a pan roof from Toyota Crawley. They refused to sell me a space saver as it was "illegal" with a pan roof .My tyres are 235/55/19 .

It took me some time , however located the exact same full size wheel at a breakers and ordered a new tyre from Black Circles . The wheel & tyre fits in the wheel well fine , I just require the retaining bolt . The cover does not now fit in the lower position , however as I , along with everyone else I know, has a plastic boot cover which only fits when the cover is in the high position anyway

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BKETPE said:

I Purchased a 2021 RAV 4 Excel , with a pan roof from Toyota Crawley. They refused to sell me a space saver as it was "illegal" with a pan roof .My tyres are 235/55/19 .

It took me some time , however located the exact same full size wheel at a breakers and ordered a new tyre from Black Circles . The wheel & tyre fits in the wheel well fine , I just require the retaining bolt . The cover does not now fit in the lower position , however as I , along with everyone else I know, has a plastic boot cover which only fits when the cover is in the high position anyway

Would you mind posting some pictures of the spare wheel in place, I’ve had a look at my 2022 (which come with a temporary wheel) but it looked like the 235/55R19 would just be too big.

I can’t try my own wheel at present as I’ve put my back out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally , after conflicting advice from Crawley Toyota and and indeed a refusal to sell me a skinny spare  .

In conjuction with Toyota Horsham parts manager ( Tim) I sourced the retaining screw for a full size spare wheel & tyre 235/55/19 ( EOM wheel located at a breakers , took some time)

Yes a full size spare does fit !

part T51931-02300 for the screw

Crazy to have an SUV & our roads with just a can of gunk

• Thanks 1

Similar topics merged.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that I was just going to ask the question my 2020 rav 4 Excel has 18" wheels and the brochure now says 19".

Martin 

• 1 month later...

I just noticed that PHEV's sold in Ireland come with a temporary spare wheel. So if the issue in the UK is one of homologation, why would it not be the same for an EU country like Ireland? Just wondering that's all.

12 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

I just noticed that PHEV's sold in Ireland come with a temporary spare wheel. So if the issue in the UK is one of homologation, why would it not be the same for an EU country like Ireland? Just wondering that's all.

If that is the case does that mean that I could purchase the space saver spare wheel moulding? I wonder what it would cost with delivery?

Greetings All, has anyone in the U.K. with a Rav4 PHEV bought a space saver spare wheel kit, if you have does it fit in the wheel well under the boot floor?

I have done a quick measurement and it looks like it might, my only concern are the two cables coming out of the fuse/relay box.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Ian.

Mine came with the spare wheel, can take the picture later if you want to see how it looks inside.

I don't know Ernie.....here's the review showing the spare right at the start of the video.

36 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

As far as I'm aware after Brexit, UK Type Approvals differ from EU Type Approvals, and the UK's Vehicle Certification Agency manages the Type Approvals process for the UK and Northern Ireland. 

There are two types of Type Approvals issued by the VCA: UK(NI) Type Approvals allow sales in both Northern Ireland and Great Britain; GB Type Approvals allow sales in Great Britain only.

Magic Luke, a photo would be great if you don't mind and also the size on the tire.

I have seen a kits for £179 or £279 so comparing sizes would be a great help.

Many thanks,

Ian.

18 minutes ago, icp44 said:

Greetings All, has anyone in the U.K. with a Rav4 PHEV bought a space saver spare wheel kit, if you have does it fit in the wheel well under the boot floor?

I have done a quick measurement and it looks like it might, my only concern are the two cables coming out of the fuse/relay box.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Ian.

If you want to save time rather than wait for responses, it's been discussed many times previously. Just use the search functionality on the forum and search for "spare wheel" or "space saver" and there's loads of good information and advice.

EDIT: it looks like one of the posts has just been resurrected so it's now near the top of the list!

Edited by nlee