Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traction battery needs to be protected

Velvet--Glove

On 4/4/2022 at 7:03 PM, Roy124 said:

Potential bummer here.  Aldi has just relocated.  There was a hand car wash in a part of that estate and possibly largely dependent on Aldi trade.  They might close.

There are two others but neither as convenient 😁.

For a proper wash though I use a Karcher with an angled head and even jack the car up to get wheel wells done.

Last year we drove through a heap of dead hen chicks that had been dumped in the road. The local Iraqi car wash didn't touch it.  My jet was cleared a lot, but I had to get on my back and pull feathers and greasy body parts from underneath.  You have no idea how many little gaps there are in the sill covers.

Corolla Fried Chicken 🍗 yum yum 😋 

• Haha 1

I have mine washed by my dealer. Annually when the service is due 😄

But if I ever felt it needed a wash I'd do it myself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndrueC said:

I have mine washed by my dealer. Annually when the service is due 😄

But if I ever felt it needed a wash I'd do it myself.

Do the dealers wash by hand or put on belt type washer? 

Both my locals do it by hand. mostly pressure washer and then a wipe down.

Another place where this warning with the hybrid Battery can happen is when you take your car for an MOT. Few years ago when hybrids were not so popular I noticed the testers usually were keeping  the car in N  for a long time , heating ON , lights , hazards lights etc, once as soon as he went in and shifted to R to take the car off the ramp and the engine started to recharge the Battery. Recently testers seems to know that and turn off the ignition before lift up wheels to inspect tyre, bearings etc., or perhaps these are new instructions and about reducing emissions instead., but either way is there is absolutely no point leaving car ON for 30min while testing. 👍

That reminds me of that thing of why kwikfit refused to service hybrids as, early on, many of their techs would forget/not know to turn the car off properly as the engine was off, then start draining the oil, then the car would suddenly start and them bam no more engine.

It's funny tho' because even Toyota servicing seem to just leave the car 'on' for ages - Whenever I get my cars back from servicing my Dashcam often has an extra 30-60 minutes of footage of the service bay :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Always do it myself,refuse service/free valet. Ceramic polish keeps it looking like new. The underneath is covered in plastic panels,so I dont look there. Though admitedly metalic finishes are a bonus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

That reminds me of that thing of why kwikfit refused to service hybrids as, early on, many of their techs would forget/not know to turn the car off properly as the engine was off, then start draining the oil, then the car would suddenly start and them bam no more engine.

It's funny tho' because even Toyota servicing seem to just leave the car 'on' for ages - Whenever I get my cars back from servicing my dashcam often has an extra 30-60 minutes of footage of the service bay :laugh: 

Hahah , Toyota does because they know the Battery might be weak and then customer complains and ask for a new Battery replacement 😉👌🔋

Now imagine how stupid can be some technicians to leave the car ON while changing the oil 😂👍

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

It's funny tho' because even Toyota servicing seem to just leave the car 'on' for ages - Whenever I get my cars back from servicing my dashcam often has an extra 30-60 minutes of footage of the service bay :laugh: 

My first service I didn't check that though I did look at the cam later. 

Second service !Removed! removed the cam.  Someone said on here 'for data protection reasons'  They forgot the rear cam.  

• 5 months later...

Going thru a car wash with my camry hybrid in N this message came on for the 1st time in many car washes. ...Traction Battery needs to be protected ...Refrain from the use of neutral position.

Now I've read here on this feed that its when your Battery has less than 50% charge...mine had a full charge.

Confused what to do if this happens again in the middle when there's literally nothing I can do.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links