Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mascots

Hornet3D

Many years ago in one of my crazy moods I purchased a mascot for our new car something that has become a tradition.  Now we both enjoy driving our newish Aygo but it has gone without a mascot as we really could not think of anything suitable, until today.  We were on a morning out to a garden centre and taking in a breakfast, it was one of those centres that has a multitude of products, and we came across this little fellow.    We had in mind all the Aygo reviews and some of the comments on the power of the little engine and this little chap just seemed to fit the bill.

Sloth.JPG

• Haha 1

We have a Sea Eagle, courtesy of Skye Batiks, on our rear seat. Ours is mainly orange though.

IMG_20150426_110440.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

We have a Sea Eagle, courtesy of Skye Batiks, on our rear seat. Ours is mainly orange though.

IMG_20150426_110440.jpg

I love the Eagle.

We have a little red duck to match the red trim on the carIMG_20220404_175243_445.thumb.jpg.ad9423615dc08d033ff208db29fe7e5a.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornet3D said:

Many years ago in one of my crazy moods I purchased a mascot for our new car something that has become a tradition.  Now we both enjoy driving our newish Aygo but it has gone without a mascot as we really could not think of anything suitable, until today.  We were on a morning out to a garden centre and taking in a breakfast, it was one of those centres that has a multitude of products, and we came across this little fellow.    We had in mind all the Aygo reviews and some of the comments on the power of the little engine and this little chap just seemed to fit the bill.

Sloth.JPG

What is it Paul? A bear? A sloth? A urangatang?

38 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

What is it Paul? A bear? A sloth? A urangatang?

It's a Sloth - we just thought the duel meaning had a kind or relevance for some peoples view of the Aygo, as for us we are more than happy with the new car.

sloth
[sləʊθ]

NOUN
  1. reluctance to work or make an effort; laziness.
    "he should overcome his natural sloth and complacency"
    synonyms:
  2. a slow-moving tropical American mammal that hangs upside down from the branches of trees using its long limbs and hooked claws.

2 hours ago, Dave the aygo said:

We have a little red duck to match the red trim on the carIMG_20220404_175243_445.thumb.jpg.ad9423615dc08d033ff208db29fe7e5a.jpg

Cute.

I have a small pink mouse who has always sat on top of the Interior mirror of all my cars. It's been driving with me for twenty odd years now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Big_D said:

I have a small pink mouse who has always sat on top of the Interior mirror of all my cars. It's been driving with me for twenty odd years now.

That is a fair old age for a mouse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I started a similar tradition in my family. My current, bright blue, Aygo is nicknamed Papa Smurf and i have a plushy papa smurf on my dashboard.

1981359865_Screenshot2022-04-05at10-44-16SmurfsTheLostVillagePapaSmurfBeanBag8Amazon_co.ukToysGames.thumb.png.a81ff95548f70a4231941bdb5d21ecff.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grote_Smurf said:

I started a similar tradition in my family. My current, bright blue, Aygo is nicknamed Papa Smurf and i have a plushy papa smurf on my dashboard.

1981359865_Screenshot2022-04-05at10-44-16SmurfsTheLostVillagePapaSmurfBeanBag8Amazon_co.ukToysGames.thumb.png.a81ff95548f70a4231941bdb5d21ecff.png

Seems very appropriate for an Aygo somehow.

• Like 1

@Hornet3D Yes. When I went to see it at the dealer "Smurf!" was my first thought. But i think a sloth is also pretty appropriate.. Although the Aygo isn't slow, it's energy efficient 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grote_Smurf said:

@Hornet3D Yes. When I went to see it at the dealer "Smurf!" was my first thought. But i think a sloth is also pretty appropriate.. Although the Aygo isn't slow, it's energy efficient 😛

Neither my wife or I think the Aygo is slow the idea of the sloth was more of a bit of a micky take out of the reviewers that thought it was.

22 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

That is a fair old age for a mouse.

It might be the one from The Green Mile 🤔😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I bought my first Corolla 2 years ago, I came across the plush toy 'Issho' that, as I understand it, Toyota were giving away with new Toyotas in the UK. Of course, living in Ireland, we did not get one! I bought 'Issho' and he now sits on the back seat, wearing his seatbelt of course! As I have just got my second Corolla, I am thinking of getting another 'Issho'. 🙂

19 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

I came across the plush toy 'Issho' that, as I understand it, Toyota were giving away with new Toyotas in the UK.

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

s-l300.jpg

I saw that figure in either a review or promotional material and I liked is so much that I went looking for it Online, that fact that I did not find it was probably due to the fact it was a giveaway.  I had not thought of that possibility.

10 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

s-l300.jpg

I was given Issho when I collected my Aygo in 2020, he's my mascot but I like him so much he's a 'stay at home' mascot!

2 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

I was given Issho when I collected my Aygo in 2020, he's my mascot but I like him so much he's a 'stay at home' mascot!

There is certainly something cute about the girl/guy.  I can also understand the 'stay at home' clause as replacing could be a real problem.

4 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

There is certainly something cute about the girl/guy.  I can also understand the 'stay at home' clause as replacing could be a real problem.

Just saying, re the Issho plush ...there are dozens of them on eBay 🙂 

I dont have a mascot as such, but I call my car 'Joker' and have a few Joker stickers..It started as a bit of fun whenI started doing mods, my ex wife used to say, ''are you joking?' when I did a mod and it just stuck lol

I have the Plush Toy as well just lives in my car 

• Like 1

Finally remembered to get a couple of pictures of my Mascot.

Img_4625.jpg

Img_4626.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Finally remembered to get a couple of pictures of my Mascot.

Img_4625.jpg

Img_4626.jpg

Like it.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links