Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gen 4 prius center consol applique cover

ian rooke

Hi I have just changed the white steering wheel cover and white gear leaver to black but am unable to get the gen 4 Prius Center console applique cover  except from the USA where they want more for postage 

(£80) than the cost of the item ,is there anywhere in the UK which can supply one.

1 hour ago, ian rooke said:

Hi I have just changed the white steering wheel cover and white gear leaver to black but am unable to get the gen 4 Prius Center console applique cover  except from the USA where they want more for postage 

(£80) than the cost of the item ,is there anywhere in the UK which can supply one.

If you find anywhere you can get the black centre console appliqué cover please let me know. I’ve looked for it in the past but like you, I found it was only available in the US. 

Hi I did find one in china but it fitted like OJ glove but if I do find one will be glad to let you know

Perhaps this is a daft suggestion, but, as a last resort, have you investigated maybe painting it, using Frenchic chalk paint?

I've seen pictures of a whole car that someone had bravely painted, and also fridges and other kitchen white goods so it's pretty versatile stuff. I've only used it to paint my kitchen cupboards and garden furniture so far, so obviously don't know whether it would be suitable for you requirement.

Hi I have thought of painting it or dipping but in order to do it it would have to be removed and that would be a last resort but it could happen if I cannot get the right part 

Ian, I'm not familiar with the individual interior design technicalities of the Gen4 model but would it really be necessary to remove this item in order to paint it? I've painted quite intricate design features on a cooker hood with this Frenchic paint by using a small artists type brush, it took a 2 or 3 of coats followed by a finishing (clear) tuffcoat.

If it were me I think I'd give it a go - checkout Frenchics' website.

Hi David  because of its position  think it would be difficult  to get a good finish (High gloss black) but thanks for the input 

• Like 1