Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV specification versus price cut musings

Flatcoat

18 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Agreed although I manage with the camera. My previous car used 2011 technology and was on a par. I also still use my mirrors for reversing, a habit I cannot break! 

I really struggle to make myself use the camera instead of the mirrors, its a sort of phobia that whilst looking backwards on the camera, the sides of my car are scraping something. And the fact the camera seems to have been made by Sinclair in 1984.

I use it to make sure I don't crash into some hidden bollard, but mirrors are just much better IMHO - No contrast problems, can see much more by moving around and with better depth perception.

I just hate that the C and B pillars are so obstructive in the Mk4 - In all my previous cars I would do the old one-hand on steering wheel one-hand on passengerseat lookback and could do reverse manoeuvres like a champ, but in the Mk4 I can't see anything to the sides so am forced to face forward and use the mirrors, which means I have to go muuuuuuch slower with much more head movement.

It doesn't help that the car will just go BEEEP! and I stop thinking oh no am I about to hit something?? checkcheckcheckcheck can't see anything cautiously resume

4 hours ago, Cyker said:

I use it to make sure I don't crash into some hidden bollard, but mirrors are just much better IMHO - No contrast problems, can see much more by moving around and with better depth perception.

I just hate that the C and B pillars are so obstructive in the Mk4 - In all my previous cars I would do the old one-hand on steering wheel one-hand on passengerseat lookback and could do reverse manoeuvres like a champ, but in the Mk4 I can't see anything to the sides so am forced to face forward and use the mirrors, which means I have to go muuuuuuch slower with much more head movement.

It doesn't help that the car will just go BEEEP! and I stop thinking oh no am I about to hit something?? checkcheckcheckcheck can't see anything cautiously resume

Its a Yaris bud!   ...don't you just jump out and lift it by the bumper and drag it into a space?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rav Rob said:

Its a Yaris bud!   ...don't you just jump out and lift it by the bumper and drag it into a space?

The Yaris that the OH has ordered has brake assisted sensors so it will stop itself before you hit something.

Hopefully not starting a debate about another feature you can't specify on a UK RAV.

Wait until the jump out and park it with the app comes along on some MY22 models!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links