Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I own a 1991 Toyota Corolla that is about to fail its MOT

WebblesAlliance

It is in really good nick only 60'000 miles on the clock but the garage has discovered a coolant leak and I need a specific water coolant outlet hose - I don't want to scrap a perfectly good old car just because of a hose

Any suggestions where I might find one I'm not clued up about these things at all

Many Thanks in advance

Rebecca

There are companies that can re produce a hose from the original if you can get the one off the car they may be able to help try Googling and see if there is one not to far from you.

you may also be able to go into a motor factors to see if you can find something similar for another vehicle or a similar Toyota I don’t know what other Toyotas that engine may have been used in.

Why do you think it will fail the mot a coolant leak should be an advisory.

also try eBay there are many on line scrap yards on there (which hose is it)

• 9 months later...

Hi Rebecca,

Only reason I can imagine a coolant leak would cause an MOT fail is if it was so bad it would mean the engine/car couldn't be run for sufficient time to complete the test.

Check out eBay for a "1991 Toyota radiato hose", there seems to be various hoses on there that fit the bill, you would of course need to quote the engine size/type. Assuming by outlet hose this will be the radiator bottom hose.

Hope you can get it sorted.

Original post is April 22, so we can assume that it’s been sorted by now unless we hear from op Rebecca.

6 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Original post is April 22, so we can assume that it’s been sorted by now unless we hear from op Rebecca.

Well spotted Bob. Had wondered why it should suddenly appear now by notice now that Nightwind replied today for some reason.