Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 water leak

Ergys

Hi guys
I have Rav4 of 2006, a month a ago  the passenger side floor had water, I thought that it was the AC/ drain pipe, so I clean and blow air with air compressor. After I dry the passenger side and belive that I fix the problem, last week after a heavy rain I found water again on the passenger side, I belive that the water leak from the passenger door but I cant find exactly, Does anyone experienced this kind of problem and did it fix it.  I dont have a sunroof. 

photo_2022-04-05_19-57-17.jpg

Jeepers, that’s a lot of water, have a close inspection of your door seals, windscreen seals, and the most likely cause is the plastic membrane behind the door card may  have come unstuck allowing water to run into the car while the door is closed.

• Like 1

Sorry to go off-piste but:

When I worked for BL and with winter drawing closer we were often asked about anti-freeze mix.

e.g. How much water does my Marina hold?

Instant thought was - how good are your door seals 🤣

Given your situation that was in very poor taste - I apologise.

• Like 1

Check the windscreen in case water is leaking into the car from there and running down the A pillar into the footwell.

• Like 2

On a practical level Talcum Powder can help trace the source but given the quantity in your footwell I think it should be easily apparent.

I don't know about the RAV but some makes had issues when the area around the wipers got clogged with leaf debris etc. that water could cascade into the vehicle - perhaps we have moved on from this though.

Agree with William and Mike's comments.👍

Also check any drain holes under the door to be clear. Feel under the dash/glovebox for evidence of drips, etc

Iain

Does your car have a sunroof? I had a Cavalier where the drain tubes became dislodged and flooded the boot.

4 minutes ago, ColinB said:

Does your car have a sunroof? I had a Cavalier where the drain tubes became dislodged and flooded the boot.

14 hours ago, Ergys said:

I dont have a sunroof. 

I very nearly made that mistake too! 😉

There is a known issue with RAV4s and leaky sunroofs that deposit water into the passenger footwell but the OP has said that he doesn't have one ...

I had this on an old Renault Clio and it was a pain to find where the water was actually coming in. If you can get it dried out, you can then get the hose and target an area at a time to see when the water comes in. For example, spray the windscreen, wait for a bit and then check for water. If none, spray the sunroof, etc.

Good luck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links