Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T sport instrument cluster

jncodan

I didnt know the yaris verso uses the tsport style cluter.  I think I have heard of the verso. Its a microvan right? like a little bigger than a kei but smaller than a minivan?

I had no idea they also used the analog gauge with the built in tach.  

I want to avoid breaker services. Before I found out all the Canadian Echo RS clusters were KPH/km I enter my info on an autorecycler site... My phone was bombarded for the next week nonstop from call centers in India.  Don't want to go through that again.

Thank you for the info flash 22.

i hope that pm i sent is of interest 👍(envelope icon to right of the page)

stereo wise, there was a Japanese option for DVD nav with a fold out screen

Click to enlarge

0403642A30210425W00829.thumb.jpg.9798012ba788311fc5bcdb615a76566c.jpg

• Like 1

That looks a bit trick flash.

Is that a Japanese market Yaris auto, and OEM features ?

It's a Vitz RS, ncp13 basically a Jap T sport, that was a factory option 1.5 Auto

you also have the Vitz RS G's and i think there was a Modelista version

https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/VITZ/700040364230210425008/index.html

https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/VITZ/700030371830220318001/index.html

ultra rare TRD turbo

https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/VITZ/700040360930201128001/index.html

• Thanks 1

A turbo is around £6-8K when all said and done from a Jap dealer, so not cheap

I had a fold out screen like that, but in the lower double din spot in the us oem stereo location with a cubby underneath. I didnt like the way it blocked my hvac controls, so I went to the stationary 7 inch. 

All the yaris verso clusters I could find were digital. Not really my thing, flash 22 but thanks for the heads up.

I just successfully added adjustable intermittent wipers to the echo.  Got my replacement stalk out of a suzuki aerio sedan. Other stalks will fit, but most other stalks also had rear wiper control... I have no rear wiper, so I didn't want to add extra buttons or switches that have no functionality.

PXL_20220413_001450667.jpg

PXL_20220413_213619965.jpg

Big thank you goes to Flash 22!  I don't know how that magician did so, but he found the correct cluster for me on eBay in Akron Ohio.

The same seller also had the bezel with the buttons.  All in, I got it all for less that $130 including shipping and handling.

No wiring harness pieces, But the local junkyard I frequent has a wrecked sedan that I am planning on cannibalizing to help with the manufacture of the wiring harness adapter.

I am planning on not repinning my factory harness. I find this to be preferable so I can keep the echo roadworthy and safe with the stock cluster while I work out the various bugs in putting in the upgrade tach.

Out of the two examples I have found online of documented cluster swaps, Neither was a plug and play direct swap.

Minimally, I will have to run tach wiring signal to the gauge cluster. The pinouts are most likely different as well. One example I found supposedly achieved full functionality, the other had near full functionality. High beam indicator would not light.... 

I will see what I can find wiring diagram wise, the PCBs are usually shared with other models of that vintage

you may find the corolla or matrix has the same plugs if the connectors are the same in your car it may just need to be re-pinned to suit

• Thanks 1

I tried using online vin decoders.  From what I can tell, the cluster came out of a blue, automatic, 4 door sedan.  It was manufactured in 01/03 and its supposedly a non-abs model. since my vehicle is also non abs, thats good news for me, as the few of these swaps I have seen mentioned abs to non abs and vice versa being issue laden.

The vin for the cluster donor is jtdbt123830287136. I don't have access to one of those vin sites, and at this time mileage on odometer is unknown. My coupe is quite low, for its age, at almost 107k miles. I have seen info stating that the cluster will update from elsewhere like the bcm or ecu. I have also seen contrary info stating that the clusters odometer reading will take precedence. Hope I am able to keep the actual mileage from my vehicle, it is one of the lowest I have seen.

I will be returning to the junkyard tomorrow, I am going to try and see if the power locks in the 4 door sedan I have been cannibalizing are able to be adapted to my coupe.

Donor car.

Built - 01/2003

Model - NCP12L-BEPRKA

PM me your VIN, Mileage is stored on an EEPROM in the cluster, It's also independently stored on the ECU (ECM)

Mileage is hard to track as very few states have inspections

Just stumbled across this, the numbers reference the service manual pinout - tach signal you can pull from pin 9 on the OBD2 port

935391735_echoclusterpinout.thumb.jpg.a417e508c25f2730aef2dac1ebf5541c.jpg

2002 onwards, 2 dial gauge plug colour code

Top row: 1)Green 2)empty 3)Purple 4)White/Red 5)White/Purple 6)Black 7)Yellow/Silver 8)Red/Black 9)Blue/Yellow

Bottom row: 1)White/Black 2)White/Yellow 3)empty 4)empty 5)Yellow/Red 6)empty 7)empty 8)White 9)Brown

Thats where I pulled the tach signal from for the little Bosch tach I have mounted on top of my steering column. It has gotten the job done and done well for some time. However, I will prefer having everything in one place. The new cluster will tie the interior together better.  

While at the junkyard yesterday, I was in looking at a flooded out 2004 Pontiac Vibe, which is just a Toyota matrix gm in drag... Anyway, the front seats appeared to be very comfortable, and the front passenger seat had a fancy fold flat forward feature. I dunno if the toyota matrix seats are the same or not.  Anyway, the seats were mounted on risers that protruded, I dunno, 10-15 cm above the floorpan? The mounting points looked very mk1 yaris/echo to me.  I have never seen mention of bolt in seating cross compatibility with these models online before. My seats were obtained from a scion xA, and appear to be very similar to rs and t sport seats. The Vibe seats were different up top than either of those.

PXL_20220412_000823778.jpg

PXL_20220417_225117745.thumb.jpg.9a3989e35b18ff9fe1612662fb693973.jpgso. I have successfully taught myself to weld plastic. Had huge gaps the first time, came out perfect the second time. I really hate that the new panels are lighter. It's not sun faded, it's lighter from all sides. Production variance between 00 and 01 I guess. 

Very happy to have the oem speaker grills back. Very happy that my Speakers are out of sight and protected.

All in all better than spending $600 on new door cards... No telling what the color variances there would be.

• Like 1

Colour or Color depends on the trim level, your interior trim code is YC15 (Trim 1, Grey) there is also a Dark grey, Shadow grey, Sandal wood and Amethyst

JP 99 Platz - https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Toyota-Platz-1999-JPN.pdf

JP 02 Platz - https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Toyota-Platz-2002-JPN.pdf

2000 Echo - https://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Toyota/Echo/Toyota_US Echo_2000.pdf

echo options list

Upgrade Package #1 — sport fender and rocker panel extensions, black
painted B-pillar (4-door models), dual remote outside mirrors, intermittent
windshield wipers, digital quartz clock, 60/40 split/fold-down rear seat and
power steering

• Upgrade Package #22 — Deluxe 3-in-1 AM/FM ETR/Cassette/CD with 6
Speakers, power door locks and CFC-free air conditioning
• All-Weather Guard Package — heavy-duty Battery and rear defogger, and
rear-seat heater ducts

OPTION PACKAGES
• Sport fender and rocker panel extensions
• Rear spoiler
• Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) — includes Daytime Running Lights (DRL)3
• Rear window defogger
• Power steering
• CFC-free air conditioning
• Digital quartz clock
• Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side-impact air bag Supplemen-
tal Restraint System (SRS)1
• Power door locks2
• 60/40 split/fold-down rear seat
• Deluxe AM/FM ETR/Cassette with 6 Speakers
• Deluxe 3-in-1 AM/FM ETR/Cassette/CD with 6 Speakers

Is there a colour code, or a good colour match for the interior plastic trim on the tsport? Mine has some scratches which I'm looking to spray, or otherwise correct.

Thanks

Its moulded plastic you can dye it, paint it, vinyl wrap it or cover in pink fluffy fabric whatever floats your boat

if it's badly damaged, replace the part or flat it back and retexture the plastic with something like uPol Plastx

• Like 1

I figured out that even though all the pictures of these interiors look like shades of grey, except for the tan (sandalwood) my interior light gray shade is the exact same color as the dark gray from the donor vehicle... No one will likely notice the color difference in person unless I point it out to them. But for me, it's a neon sign... PXL_20220418_195149877.thumb.jpg.9d64ce15192a654446cf460adec497a8.jpgPXL_20220418_195136234.thumb.jpg.3b61cbca286e9ce67fbcebb3a05f0308.jpg

PXL_20220419_220600310.thumb.jpg.bab03013f0226f7791768944f7817ab4.jpg

The second I posted that stuff, UPS showed up with the package! Bezel definitely looks like it has a rhd tilt. Luckily I don't need it. Just the inset buttons.

🦾

Can't wait to work on this tomorrow when the echo is here.

So. I plugged it in. Everything fits physically. New gauges w/ old bezel, old gauges w/ new bezel. Since the parts came from a junkyard I dunno if my bezel w/ buttons came off of a modified car or what ...

Plugged in new gauges w/o doing any wiring. Certain lights come on, with out even having keys in the ignition- temp, abs, batt. With the ignition on, I got those plus brake and low washer fluid. While driving, the main gauge pack lights didn't light up at all. I had no speedometer, and (as expected) no tachometer. The entire digital area would not light up at all. So I have no clue whether I have fuel or odometer readings, and whether or not the odometer reading is updating from my ecu or bcm.

Upon plugging my stock cluster back in, my odo read at the same. 107017. All functions appeared to work as normal.

My stock harness plugs physically fit. As a result, I believe this will be a repin job. However, I will be building an adapter harness rather than physically repinning the factory harness. I just find this to be a safer alternative.

If anyone is wondering about the power lock upgrade, I took apart the junkyard car. My harness is missing a necessary connector underneath the center console. The donor car I was stripping had a good harness in the passenger door. The drivers' side was all kinds of chewed up. It was made of splices. 

I have no interest in in putting that fire hazard in my vehicle, so the power lock upgrade is on hold until I find a better donor vehicle..PXL_20220420_011831823.thumb.jpg.afa378659e6738a41f39a6a37b9d647c.jpgPXL_20220420_012909023.thumb.jpg.45edfdb8a5871e9caae1d4bd6703960e.jpgPXL_20220420_013021633.thumb.jpg.78a1f30a43f92dbfb6d9ad57697f42ea.jpgPXL_20220420_013030117.thumb.jpg.3132089170706e0fe3e82c83d82cd52d.jpgPXL_20220420_013512599.thumb.jpg.eb61da3d6fb50aba7f9c69f7af3a1d27.jpg

PXL_20220420_012915051.jpg

Btw, I always thought these gauges were white face, which I would've liked a lot. However the silver faces are a welcome and beautiful surprise!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links