Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo - Rusty Wheelnuts

Whizzy

Hello Everyone, Just joined earlier & need a bit of advice please! I bought a 2019 Aygo X-

Trend a few weeks ago from a main dealer. Very pleased with the car & the dealer sorted

a few items prior to purchase. Unfortunately I didn't notice the wheel nuts, all four on each

wheel are very rusty and against the red paintwork & black trim, it does spoil things a little.

I have asked whether these can be replaced under the warranty but no joy there, so meanwhile

I have written to Toyota Head Office to see if they can do anything. Don't hold out much hope,

so just wondering what I can use to remove the rust? Tried WD40 but no good, someone suggested

white vinegar, not tried it yet. Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks,

Whizzy! (WZY on reg)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Whizzy said:

Hello Everyone, Just joined earlier & need a bit of advice please! I bought a 2019 Aygo X-

Whizzy! (WZY on reg)

Hi & welcome here...sadly they all do this, the simple answer into replace the bolts with stainless steel ones either in silver or black from eBay for somewhere between £30 & £50 depending what you choose and whether you need flat seated bolts or tapered ..the size you need is M12 x 1.5 x 47mm ...do you know which you have now? I can help link you if you like 🙂

• Like 2

Or, depending on size of wheel nut, could get some plastic covers (Amazon, eBay, etc) from around £5 -

51Ci95td7jL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• Like 3

I would recommend new wheel nuts, plastic caps only hide the problem, unless that's all you want of course.

Iain

• Like 1

For a cheap DIY fix remove them, say 2 per wheel at a time.  Wire wool to remove most rust.  Apply an anti - rust treatment.  Spray paint as needed. 

• Like 1

Are these for alloys or standard wheels? Or Security ones perhaps? If you take some pictures we may give you even more ideas 💡👌

• Like 1

I use citric acid to remove rust from old tools. A tablespoon in some warm water does the trick and if you get food grade citric acid you can use whats left to make sherbet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone for a great response, some really helpful tips there and thanks 

to BIg_D, the food grade citric acid did the job. Need to give them a couple of goes

and will keep using it to keep the rust off. Thanks again, not made the sherbet yet!

Cheers, WZY.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links