Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IQ Instrument Cluster Multi Info Display

HansSolo

Hi

My daughters lovely little car, the yellow lights on the Multi Info Display are not illuminating , The mode button works and all the display is there its just a light issue I believe ? Im hoping I can change a bulb but fear its a sealed unit, loads of them on eBay but my daughters is auto 1.0 model year 2011 Automatic. Is there a fuse/relay I could try. If I have to change the cluster how do I get the milage corrected legally ? assuming I have to buy a automatic version of the cluster, these seem harder to find. 

Has anybody got ant experience on this please, like ease of fitting etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Hans

Hi Hans, just a thought but you can dim the display so it's very dark so maybe this is your problem as you say the functions all work. If you keep pressing the mode button and scroll through mileage, trip, mpg, you should see some bars, guessing 1 if it's been turned down. I believe you press the other button to increase the bars and hence brightness. Im not sure if you need the lights on to change this. I'm away from my car until tonight but can look tonight for you and post a picture if you need any more help. Hope this fixed your problem, steve.

They are surface mount LEDs, if you shine a torch at the screen can you make out the display if not the screen may have failed, there are plenty of places that do mileage correction, and it is legal as long as it matches the existing mileage the mileage is stored in 2 or more locations the main ones being the ecu and the other is the cluster

DnD services maybe able to fix it, give them a ring https://www.dndservices.co.uk

Thank you Bob and Steve for your replies.

The module is functioning, Ive tried in vain to get to the lines that increase the brightness but can't seem to find it ! I have a feeling its the led as in daylight you can make out the display but at night its completely dark with no sign of a dimmed light.

I think it's a fairly easy job to fit a new module, plug and play with a few screws but the milage is only 39k so wanted to keep it as straight as possible.

Has anybody taken one apart ?

Appreciate your help.

Hans

Not done a IQ dash, but there are diagrams and exploded views, if you have the skills check the LEDs (should glow with a meter on diode test and the correct polarity)

eBay is a good source of pictures

eg. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Iq-MK1-Instrument-Cluster-Mph-Petrol-769166-590-Rhd-/115333104731

Like most dash's it's a full strip down to get to the PCB, front off, needles off to remove the overlay, remove the back

Hi Guys

The Led's are gone, which makes it impossible to see anything at night. Ive picked up a new module off eBay, easy to fit from research, I just wanted to know if the CPU sends the mileage data to the module ? and what mileage takes preference, I will need to get the mileage corrected to keep it all above board. Has anybody done this ? does it need to be coded to the car ?

Sorry random stuff I know.

Hans

The mileage is stored in the cluster you need to get the mileage corrected, swap the EEPROM from the old unit or program the new cluster - it's not coded/linked to the car, the main ECU also stores the mileage independently

Just an update, the LED were at fault, new cluster purchased from eBay and its fine, I will need to get the milage corrected, appreciate everybody's help.

Hans

• Like 1

I have the same problem, how did you remove the instrument cluster?

Hi Mikie

Its very simple, sit in the drivers seat, lower the steering wheel if possible, get two hands on the dashboard lip above the dials and pull forward with a short sharp tug !

This will come away with the air vent etc, don't be alarmed.

Remove the two screws either side of the cluster and gently bring forward, remove the two electric plugs by pushing gently the top part of each plug and the cluster will be free.

Remember to replace with like for like, if its an automatic like my daughters you will need the auto version, that said there are more manual versions on eBay than automatics.

I paid £40.00 including postage, I do however need to pay for milage correction, assuming that will be £125.00 unless you are lucky enough to get a donor part with similar milage.

Hans