Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Connected Services+ on MY22

simond64

Hi,  anyone know what new features are available in MyT app with connected Services plus? 

I know you can see status of doors and windows, are there any controls like remote locking or climate control yet for the Corolla?

On 4/8/2022 at 11:04 AM, simond64 said:

Hi,  anyone know what new features are available in MyT app with connected Services plus? 

I know you can see status of doors and windows, are there any controls like remote locking or climate control yet for the Corolla?

Not as of yet sadly. Yoyota need to play catch up with their MyT app

59 minutes ago, Perry313 said:

Not as of yet sadly. Yoyota need to play catch up with their MyT app

Doesn’t the Yaris cross have climate control on app? 

Climate control is in the Aygo x and yaris cross, its unclear if other models are capable of this with an app upgrade. My dealer said they don't know either

It will be related to having connected services so the models with the correct infotainment will have it, therefore Yaris cross and Aygo X.

Will have to wait and see what they do witb the Corolla, whether they wait for a new model or if it’s possible with the new set up, in the 22 models.

I have such a bitter/sweet feeling about the Corolla. About Toyota in general really.

I don't understand why they can't keep things consistent across the board. Other manufacturers don't have any of any of these issues.

If the tech is there, just use the damn thing!

The thing is Toyota make cars to be driven - All this other stuff is just distracting pointless BS.

If I had a choice I'd rip all the connected services stuff out my car as it'll all become obsolete eventually when they stop supporting it and will just be a big unusable paperweight, which is the fate of all 'cloud-connected' services.

The best decision they made was to make the unit Android Auto and Apple Car Play compatible as standard, at least on the current models (It's usually an option, if supported at all, on a lot of other marques.)

• Like 1

I have a response from Toyota that the climate control in the MyT app will not come to the Corolla but will be present in the Corolla Cross.

Looks like we will have to wait for the new Corolla model to come out.

That's disappointing, especially as the Aygo X had it and that is less that half the price of the Corolla sport I have,  doesn't make sense

I had a few features like this within the Ford Pass. I could lock and unlock the car - it was a gimmick, and used it maybe a handful of times. It also took about 20 seconds or so after you pressed the lock or unlock button.

They also have the engine on & off on auto models, which is handy in the winter, but again, a gimmick.

I'd like to see the on & off function for the corolla, but no real deal breaker.

Now I have the MY22 corolla, MyT app has little over the features I had on it for my previous car, MY19 corolla, all I gained was status, shows if doors unlocked or windows down with notifications, that's about it. 

The climate and unlock features won't be added, only on the cross.

Yet to see if I get regular map updates on the head unit or live traffic. It's a shame the old split screen has gone,  guys they expect you to use voice commands 

6 hours ago, simond64 said:

It's a shame the old split screen has gone,  guys they expect you to use voice commands 

I have to admit, I liked the split screen effect, but like anything else, 'they' have decided we are not having it now - like it or lump it!!

Voice commands.... need work :laugh: 

Agree, have to press button to activate, I would like there to be a wake word, if there is I haven't found it.  Then switching to android auto still have to press button, in the my19 system I had that responding to ok Google wake word with no need to press button

After 5 days I've discovered I needed to activate smart services in the MyT app to get 4 years, only 3 features, voice agent, road events and cloud navigation, I have no idea if they are switched on and I still can't say 'OK toyota' to wake it up.  Toyota really need to work on user friendliness and provide some you tube videos.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simond64 said:

After 5 days I've discovered I needed to activate smart services in the MyT app to get 4 years, only 3 features, voice agent, road events and cloud navigation, I have no idea if they are switched on and I still can't say 'OK toyota' to wake it up.  Toyota really need to work on user friendliness and provide some you tube videos.

Likely that only the team or developed the system know and everyone else doesn’t have a clue. Will take a long time for info to filter through docs and media teams

The voice commands seems a little clunky.

Press the button & hey Toyota seems to wanna navigate you to the UK factory.

Play Absolute 80s will get you decent music.

For BBC radio it seems to only work with BBC R1 etc ( the exact DAB station tag on the display )

Does anyone knows how to switch off the connected service? Been told that it drains Battery, so it might be a good idea to switch it off when the car is not going to be used for a while. 

16 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

Does anyone knows how to switch off the connected service? Been told that it drains battery, so it might be a good idea to switch it off when the car is not going to be used for a while. 

The connected services in theory should warn you via the My T app that your vehicle Battery is low so you can take action.

5 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

The connected services in theory should warn you via the My T app that your vehicle battery is low so you can take action.

If this feature exists, then this is fantastic. Are you sure that it exists? 

2 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

If this feature exists, then this is fantastic. Are you sure that it exists? 

I've seen it mentioned online somewhere for the Toyota Smart Connect system.

The app is quick enough to pop up a warning if you don't lock the vehicle after the phone is out of range.

I think you will find most of the connected services and smart services aren't available on the new Corolla my22, remote actions don't exist, you can't  control anything. Wake up words aren't available, you need to press a button. Often profiles don't load,  I can't even find how to link a profile to a key fob. Android auto used to accept on Google as a wake up word in my 2 year old corolla but this new one doesn't do it. Map updates don't work,  says error contact dealer, I could go on...

To be honest,  I don't think this product is ready for realease, what's worse,  toyota talk about all the features but have no intention of providing them in cars released this year apart from a couple of models, misleading....

The vehicle voice commands will only control the navigation / infotainment system on this generation of Corolla / C-HR.

Pressing a button to wake the system for a voice command is preferably for the many people who are paranoid of always listening smart systems.

Profiles will be linked to the connected phone.

Map updates are contact dealer - it says that in the Smart Connect operators manual.

The Smart Connect system is all new from Toyota, it will evolve over time & get better with more functionality on newer vehicle designs as it gains more integration.

That sounds like a toyota media response. It's BS, ask your dealer, ask toyota uk, they will not be adding many features. Id love to know how you have used a wake word,  my dealer confirmed you can't and never will

8 hours ago, simond64 said:

That sounds like a toyota media response. It's BS, ask your dealer, ask toyota uk, they will not be adding many features. Id love to know how you have used a wake word,  my dealer confirmed you can't and never will

Where in my post did I say I used a wake word? 

Both Corolla & C-HR are older product designs, the Smart Connect system is all new so will be limited to what it can integrate with them.

Plenty of German vehicle manufacturers will happily take your future vehicle order for fancy voice activated features & wake words.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links