Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Excel on order

YarisOAP

Only went to get radar update/recall on my design 

Put on order standard Yaris Hybrid Excel no extra’s they saying September delivery?  

• Like 1

Good job,  tech pack or whatever is called that includes auto dimming rear view mirror is must have for any Toyota that doesn’t come with one as standard. 16” wheels but sadly not available.  👍

I find it annoying that you choose your spec of Toyota yet you can’t add extras that you want I have said this before on these forums.

example: the excel range of Toyotas some come with heated steering wheel and bsm and powered driver’s seat, seems the less you pay for an excel model the less you get why Toyota can’t start off with a base model then add what you want I don’t Know.

also on the new Yaris cross I can’t understand why you can’t specify 4x4 other than on the dynamic.

enjoy your new car when you get it.

• Like 1

Obviously Toyota have their reasons for this, I’m betting most if not all of them are financially beneficial to Toyota as a result of intense research in the markets of different countries.

• Like 1

Apparently it's due to homologation rules - I'm led to understand they have to submit specific fixed trims for homologation and can only differ by a few percent, and the homologation process is expensive and is multiplied by each individual trim level, and contributes to the manufacturer's emissions counts.

I don't know why this seems to affect some marques more than others tho' - VW have far more factory options and BMW will do custom factory orders, but Toyota are super strict and allow no deviation.

It is annoying tho' as Toyota UK have not had a good track record of speccing up stuff people want for their homologation submissions, and either are single-mindedly trying to go after customers that traditionally buy other marques (Or a younger end of the market judging by some of their more cringey adverts), or fundamentally don't understand their existing core customer base.

• Like 1

Nice One Terry. Definitely add the Tech pack. Ours is also due in September, all things going well.

• Like 1

Put on order today Yaris Hybrid Excel Tyrol Silver Metallic Paint Tech Pack delivery end December 22

• Like 3