Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Struggling with MyT trip updates again.


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, mcloaked said:

With the MyT app no longer syncing again I decided to check the mytoyota web site login again - and indeed today's journeys are not in the trips list despite that being up to date yesterday!  So this looks like the Toyota servers are buggy, and not the app!  Either way it would be extremely useful to be able to discuss this directly with engineers at Toyota - but I have not found a way to get a direct discussion by email or any other route for this!  Do they have any social media accounts where an exchange of information is possible with the people who actually administer the Toyota web site concerning owners, or the app developers?

I got through to the Toyota Multi Media Team on the number below. Quite easy to deal with, listened to the problems and said they were having 'problems' and they would keep me updated. No calls back to date so I won't be holding my breath.

Below is the reply I got from Toyota's social media people on their Facebook page.

We'd recommend calling our team of Multimedia experts on 0344 701 6202. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


As an update, I received the reply below from the Toyota Multi Media Team. This seems to be a time wasting exercise as they had all the trip details when I spoke to them on the phone. Can't say as I'm really impressed with them at all.

Thank you for contacting us.

I have looked into your query with our Support Team at Toyota Europe:

They could see that the last trip received at our end on 4/7/2022, 8:36:09 PM and below are the respective locations of the trip:

Trip start location : 53.364926 ,-1.279248 - Godfrey Gardens, Hardwick Ln, Aston, Sheffield S26 2BE, UK

It was gone through - 53.324314,-1.281414 - M1, Harthill, Sheffield S26 7YJ, UK
- 53.332644 -1.285259 - M1, Kiveton Park, Sheffield, UK

Trip end location : 53.364926 ,-1.279248 - Godfrey Gardens, Hardwick Ln, Aston, Sheffield S26 2BE, UK

Could you please confirm if you have taken a trip after 4/7/2022 or not.

So, it would be helpful for us to investigate further.

I look forward to your response and resolving your case.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was an update to the MyT app today on my Android phone - perhaps they have found a fix for the problem with data synchronisation! Today the app did show my up to date journeys, as well as the up to date mileage and fuel level - but as usual this needs to be tested for an extended period to see if the out of sync data really has been fixed, or not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes since that update on 22nd April I have had all the journeys and car data like mileage and fuel level stayed up to date with the latest correct journey shown, so perhaps Toyota finally sorted out either their server, or the app or both to properly synchronise the car data. So every day I have checked after each journey and the previous issues have not recurred.  Has anyone else also found the problems are now fixed?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine's working better after the latest update but it still has the odd hic-cup now and again. As an example, today the app is showing the car as being unlocked but I can see it on the drive and it's definitely locked.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Multimedia on my Corolla is pathetic!!

1st Sat nav did not identify Speed Camera's, still does not pick all of them up.

2nd ,warning sound for Speed cameras us barely audible.

3rd, Auto Day/Night setting does not work.

Cat has been back to Dealership for all three issues but does not identify any problems,so no rectification. 

**** System,**** back up from Toyota

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 4/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, mcloaked said:

With the MyT app no longer syncing again I decided to check the mytoyota web site login again - and indeed today's journeys are not in the trips list despite that being up to date yesterday!  So this looks like the Toyota servers are buggy, and not the app!  Either way it would be extremely useful to be able to discuss this directly with engineers at Toyota - but I have not found a way to get a direct discussion by email or any other route for this!  Do they have any social media accounts where an exchange of information is possible with the people who actually administer the Toyota web site concerning owners, or the app developers?

Just to say mine not worked correctly since Easter!

I contacted them and the response was "it is all to do with the DCM signal in the car - if no good signal it will not pick your car up.  To rectify drive into a good clear signal area!"

Really?

My DCM is always at least 3 bar strength and has never gone altogether.

I did tell them it is their fault and a crap app but not heard back yet.  So much for customer service eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2022 at 2:47 PM, FiestaRed said:

Mine's working better after the latest update but it still has the odd hic-cup now and again. As an example, today the app is showing the car as being unlocked but I can see it on the drive and it's definitely locked.

 

I updated mine and until this morning my car was still 150 miles away in Birmingham!  I was there on Wednesday.

Go figure!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Use the contact feedback in the App and

Mytoyota@toyota.co.uk

Give them your registration and the specific journeys that have been omitted. 

I had a return journey logged but not the outbound.  I reported through the App.  Next day it was there.  Maybe automatic maybe a response. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Use the contact feedback in the App and

Mytoyota@toyota.co.uk

Give them your registration and the specific journeys that have been omitted. 

I had a return journey logged but not the outbound.  I reported through the App.  Next day it was there.  Maybe automatic maybe a response. 

I have done so... even given them screen shots of where the signal was lost, etc.  But they claim nothing can be done and need to drive into a good signal area.

I'm 90% always in a good signal area - and it does not seem to track return journeys (and sometimes switches off halfway through a journey).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership