Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - potential new owner question

Impith

Good evening. I went to have a look at a C-HR and... ended up taking a Yaris Cross out for a test drive. I was very impressed, and I got 62.3 mpg over my test drive whilst I wasn't trying to drive economically, so that was quite an eye opener.

Anyway - a simple question concerning the "Rear Seat Protection" - if you add that as an extra, do you lose access to the cup holders on the back seat centre 'arm rest'? From the limited picture I can see it seems to be a rubber(?) covering, but I don't know if it is removeable.

And has anyone heard anything about a my22 update for the cross?

Thanks.

Must admit it does look like it blocks them from the picture... I think you'd have to ask the dealer; Be a good way to test their knowledge! I suspect my local ones wouldn't have a clue...

It does indeed cover the cup holders. It is just vecro’d in place though so can be peeled back to reveal the cup holders.

If you skip to 15 mins in this video the reviewer pulls the rubber up to reveal the cup holders. It’s a bit of a faff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Impith said:

And has anyone heard anything about a my22 update for the cross?

Any MY22 updates will probably be just detail changes.

9 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Any MY22 updates will probably be just detail changes.

With the long lead times on some builds, what happens if MY22 begins and people are still waiting on their MY21 order? Do they get switched over?

• Thanks 1

Previously with the Corolla and Rav4, Toyota have continued with production of the previous model year to a set date which fulfils a (high?) percentage of orders for that model year. 

I guess on the principle that you get what you ordered at the agreed price. 

5 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I guess on the principle that you get what you ordered at the agreed price. 

Mine ordered as MY2021 Rav4 and got a MY2022 but Toyota stuck to the agreed price, despite the price goin up by £3200 before delivery

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IT Troll said:

It does indeed cover the cup holders. It is just vecro’d in place though so can be peeled back to reveal the cup holders.

If you skip to 15 mins in this video the reviewer pulls the rubber up to reveal the cup holders. It’s a bit of a faff.

Thanks.  A bit of a faff but not something I would need to do often. But would want to occasionally, so nice to know.

Nice to see that presenter identify that the 'infotainment' system is downgraded with the city pack fitted. I've watched a number of reviews where they said that as it was an Excel it had the new 9 inch system, only to then say they had the city pack fitted 🙂

My question about the my22 was really because it seems to have been stable since release, and I wondered whether anything was likely to change soon. However, I think nowadays that manufacturers are as likely to ‘downgrade’ trim levels in order to keep the price level. It isn’t a reason to not order one, anyway!

26 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Mine ordered as MY2021 Rav4 and got a MY2022 but Toyota stuck to the agreed price, despite the price goin up by £3200 before delivery

That's what we like to hear 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Impith said:

My question about the my22 was really because it seems to have been stable since release

The changes to the MY22 C-HR and Corolla are mostly incorporating things already available on the Yaris Cross; Smart Connect, new colours, fabrics and wheels. So I can't see the changes being huge. Perhaps some new colours?

The Yaris Cross has only been out since September so still a long way from refresh.

my22 Corolla was minimal and that car has been out since early 2019.

The Yaris has been out since 2020 and personally I’m not sure of any difference between my20 and my21. my22 introduces a few changes.

1 hour ago, Kental said:

The Yaris has been out since 2020 and personally I’m not sure of any difference between my20 and my21

There are things like :

• No hybrid badges on the wings (MY 21)
  • Rear Crossing Traffic Alert (MY 21, IIRC)

There may be a few other details, but they are mostly minor. When I ordered my MY21, there was a difference between the remaining in stock MY20 and the MY 21, and it was in regards to the parking sensors which were important to me.

2 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

There are things like :

• No hybrid badges on the wings (MY 21)
  • Rear Crossing Traffic Alert (MY 21, IIRC)

There may be a few other details, but they are mostly minor. When I ordered my MY21, there was a difference between the remaining in stock MY20 and the MY 21, and it was in regards to the parking sensors which were important to me.

When was my21 build from? Our September 21 Registered car has wing badges 

1 hour ago, Kental said:

When was my21 build from? Our September 21 Registered car has wing badges 

Oh, interesting. Mine is maybe a MY 21.5, it doesn't have the wing badges and was built in CZ, but looking around I see many here without the wing badges, it was registered in December. 

Stopped off at the Toyota showroom to look at the Yaris Cross.  Despite being shorter and narrower than my Corolla the extra height and SUV design gives it a bulkiness that makes it look bigger.  

• Like 1

Well, I've ordered a Galactic Blue Excel with Panoramic roof and JBL audio. I hope I don't regret it when reality sets in!

Delivery date was put down as end of September, although I think that might be optimistic!

I have started to  seeing many of those Yaris cross and tbh they grow on me by the day. If you compare to Corolla hatchback they seems to offer more internal space, better efficiency, while remaining a small cars. Pearl white with black roof in dynamic particularly looks very much Lexus UX, just mistaken it from the first sight. Only what bothers me the 3 cylinder engine that I think it will be louder at motorway speeds than the quietest and most refined 1.8 from Prius. 

Tony, a near neighbour has a new dirty launch edition one. 

How dare he have it dirty. 

• Haha 1

Hi all. New on the forum so hopefully this will be the right place to ask. 
I'm looking at getting a Yaris cross and saw a review on what car which focused on mpg. The car in question was uk plated but was a light blue. This is the colour I’m interested in but I’m unable to find any info on it. Any advice is welcome thanks mike 

30 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I have started to  seeing many of those Yaris cross and tbh they grow on me by the day. If you compare to Corolla hatchback they seems to offer more internal space, better efficiency, while remaining a small cars. Pearl white with black roof in dynamic particularly looks very much Lexus UX, just mistaken it from the first sight. Only what bothers me the 3 cylinder engine that I think it will be louder at motorway speeds than the quietest and most refined 1.8 from Prius. 

Not only engine there will be additional noise from the road and wind- it won't have a cabin quieter than Corolla's.

• Like 1

Thanks for reply. I’ve been on configurator and seen galactic blue but the blue I’ve seen is a light blue. I’ve seen the colour on YouTube and it’s in Australia and Europe and now I’ve seen a uk car and would like it. Trying to get info off salesperson and Toyota not as easy as I thought 

Just now, Mickey221 said:

Thanks for reply. I’ve been on configurator and seen galactic blue but the blue I’ve seen is a light blue. I’ve seen the colour on YouTube and it’s in Australia and Europe and now I’ve seen a uk car and would like it. Trying to get info off salesperson and Toyota not as easy as I thought 

If it's not on the configurator it's not a colour that you can get in the UK.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links