Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing dimmer on Avensis 2009

ClareMan1

Hi.

I have taken out the existing dimmer bulb on my 09 avensis. There is a plastic fitting at the end. The shop gave me a bulb with no plastic fitting in the end. The bulb does not come away from the plastic fitting .. so do I need to buy one with the plastic fitting

see pic  

thanks

5B1D103B-40D7-4AC8-88CC-752B106220F9.jpeg

These two are completely different bulbs. You will need to take your old bulb to the shop and ask them to supply the exact same type, and return the one they had given to you. 
Good luck 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 11:04 PM, TonyHSD said:

These two are completely different bulbs. You will need to take your old bulb to the shop and ask them to supply the exact same type, and return the one they had given to you. 
Good luck 

Adding to Tony's advice, you should check your owners manual for light bulbs wattage. My car which is a Mk3 2009 (58 plate) Avensis T27, has H11 55w halogen bulbs. Your car looks to have the same bulbs. Most good motor factors will try and supply the correct part, but some can get it wrong. 6 years ago, a shop I went to, assume my car was Mk2 T25, because it was a 58 plate. The guy behind the counter argued with me, the owner who knows what car I drive! He gave me the wrong parts. When I went back with all the info and a mechanic friend who confirmed what my car was, he didn't seem to handle the fact he was wrong. Another staff got the correct parts. I hardly use the shop since.    

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links