Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY22 Infotainment keeps asking for password on startup

Scout117

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone managed to keep the profile logged in for the newer infotainment systems on MY22.

Whenever I start the car it says no profile loaded (Even though it is saved) and has the option to continue as guest or dismiss. I have to manually select my profile each time then put in the password.

Thanks

Same with me and it is very annoying.I think it asks to connect with your phone - turn your bluetooth on and then it won't ask....

Not sure of this solves the problem, though. 

The manual I have is for the old system, and I haven't had time to look for the my22 manual. I think I've gone through all possible settings and menus and find it quite simple,  without many options - works well though.

From reading the online manual you have an option what the car detects for the user, one choice is the phone, the other is the key you are using.

As not got car yet not sure how to adjust, but remember reading something like this.

Thanks all.

It seems the phone has to be linked which then is detected by bluetooth and automatically detects the user profile.

I could not find any remember password option on myt or online toyota account including the cars multimedia

I'm finding it doesn't always detect the phone and defaults to guest, annoying, I'm not sure this software is finished, like mobile phone  colonies, maybe rushed out and needs more development work to fix these issues

I find the system very frustrating, I also have to keep putting password in to log on. Just been and followed the connection process again so will check again tomorrow. I have no "send to car" on the app for the Nav, journey data is all over the place and speed camera's are turned on and audible but the system isn't picking them up. Everything else on the app is telling me i'm connected. I was even getting alerts when my car was at the dealer telling me the doors were unlocked and what journeys it had done from the compound to workshop for pdi, The sales guy was very surprised I was getting any of that without logging my phone with the car.

Hopefully it's just a clitch with the app

On 4/12/2022 at 11:02 PM, Scout117 said:

Thanks all.

It seems the phone has to be linked which then is detected by bluetooth and automatically detects the user profile.

I could not find any remember password option on myt or online toyota account including the cars multimedia

Did you sort yours, mine seems to have a mind of it's own, can switch off for 5 minutes and it looses the password but can leave overnight and it's ok. It seems to struggle to remember the connected phone, I'm on Android with a 4 year old Galaxy s10 so it could be down to the phone ??

2 hours ago, Deano68 said:

Did you sort yours, mine seems to have a mind of it's own, can switch off for 5 minutes and it looses the password but can leave overnight and it's ok. It seems to struggle to remember the connected phone, I'm on Android with a 4 year old Galaxy s10 so it could be down to the phone ??

I also use an android phone and its been working great for me. I just turn on the bluetooth on my phone before entering the car and when starting up it automatically detects the phone then logs into my profile. 

I have a Zte axon 30 ultra which i bought few months back. Could it be bluetooth version ? your S10 might have an older bluetooth version ? but highly unlikely that might cause it.

There is a way that a key fob can also be linked but I cannot find how to do that. I did contact toyota support and a person called me and told me he can help out with that over the phone but I was at work, never got around to doing that so I would suggest maybe contact toyota multimedia support on the website, they are very helpful sorted out few of the other issues that I had.

11 hours ago, Scout117 said:

I also use an android phone and its been working great for me. I just turn on the bluetooth on my phone before entering the car and when starting up it automatically detects the phone then logs into my profile. 

I have a Zte axon 30 ultra which i bought few months back. Could it be Bluetooth version ? your S10 might have an older bluetooth version ? but highly unlikely that might cause it.

There is a way that a key fob can also be linked but I cannot find how to do that. I did contact toyota support and a person called me and told me he can help out with that over the phone but I was at work, never got around to doing that so I would suggest maybe contact toyota multimedia support on the website, they are very helpful sorted out few of the other issues that I had.

Yep, they are looking into it for me. I think I may just disconnect everything and start from scratch again. There's always a chance the phone could be the issue or the fact we have 2 phones logged to my account but according to the handbook it picks the first bluetooth device up that it sees so shouldn't be an issue. Do you have the send to car on your app for nav ?? this is something else we seem to be missing.

I have an issue where my wife connects her phone to MY22 but wont allow her to make calls but mine is fine 

17 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

I have an issue where my wife connects her phone to MY22 but wont allow her to make calls but mine is fine 

I know on ours you have to chose what you want to activate when switching devices ??

Yes thanks Deano I need to look into it a bit more. If that’s the case on MY19 the system auto connected 

I'm having the same issue with the new smart connect system

• Like 1