Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Corolla tyre tread

Chriss27

The tires were produced on 37 week of 21. On another front tire, I found similar defects. More photos are attached.
225/40/18 - Falken ZIEX ZE914B

IMG_20220428_200708.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marxon88 said:

The tires were produced on 37 week of 21. On another front tire, I found similar defects. More photos are attached.
225/40/18 - Falken ZIEX ZE914B

IMG_20220428_200708.jpg

These tyres can be even dangerous. If the tread start chipping from the base, not good for sure. I think best to ask Toyota directly for help and request investigation by them or tyre manufacturer and ask for all 4 replacement tyres. This is what I would have done. 
Good luck 🤞 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 2:07 PM, Marxon88 said:

I abused many tires when I was younger but never managed to damage the tire, not even a winter one.

I already contacted my Toyota dealer, but he refused to assist further. It only said that it could be either my fault or I could turn on the tire manufacturer.

I didn't inspect all four tires yet but will do it later today. It also can be heard that something is wrong with the tire on really flat (new) roads.

Toyota are responsible for this. You bought a car with tyres and they should deal with it. If you had faulty plugs you would not expect to be referred to Champion or Bosch. Don't take no for an answer.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Michael L said:

Toyota are responsible for this. You bought a car with tyres and they should deal with it. If you had faulty plugs you would not expect to be referred to Champion or Bosch. Don't take no for an answer.

Not necessarily. Most new car warranties - regardless of manufacturer - cover mechanical defects due to manufacturing faults, but don't cover tyres.  Usually the tyre manufacturer is responsible for providing warranty cover for their products.

As they aren't in the UK (Slovenia?) the member needs to check with their Toyota importer, rather than the dealer, the best way to handle this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not necessarily. Most new car warranties - regardless of manufacturer - cover mechanical defects due to manufacturing faults, but don't cover tyres.  Usually the tyre manufacturer is responsible for providing warranty cover for their products.

As they aren't in the UK (Slovenia?) the member needs to check with their Toyota importer, rather than the dealer, the best way to handle this.

I will write to the Toyota EU since Slovenian national sport is: "not guilty, not ur problem." So I will try to get at least a response from them.
In my opinion, my tires are from some bad batch with manufacturing defects or material problems - not a general problem. I will change tires to Michelins later anyway.

Hmm, September 2021 so definitely not age!

The only thing I can think of is if they were stored near some sort of solvent which has caused the rubber to degrade prematurely, as that looks so much like age-hardening where the rubber starts to get crumbly.

Be at least worth seeing if the dealer will do anything about it since you've had it for such a short period so it'd be extremely hard for them to blame it on wear and tear, but failing that maybe see if they will at least give you a discount on some new tyres?

couple of cars ago it was fitted with bridgestones didn`t like them , but 22k later they were still only slightly part worn and i tend to enjoy / rag my cars. but sounds like a tyre fault , don`t let the dealer fob you off at that mileage they should recognise that something is wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/11/2022 at 11:11 PM, Bernard Foy said:

Most Toyota’s in Ireland come with Continental’s.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:23 PM, Spo2 said:

My 18 inch CHR came with Michelin

On 4/11/2022 at 11:00 PM, OTS84 said:

Pretty certain 16inch wheels get Bridgestone and 17inch and up get Falken. I’m due to get my Corolla next month and not best pleased about the Falkens. Will see how I get on but may end up sticking Michelin E Primacy’s on

On 4/11/2022 at 7:01 PM, Trewithy said:

Most likely will have Falkens, don't get your hopes up.

On 4/11/2022 at 9:19 PM, TonyHSD said:

I have seen some new Toyotas comes with Goodyear too,  Yaris cross particularity 👍

tiull approx mid 2021 the 16 inch corollas (icon + icon tech) were coming on Bridgestones, they are now coming on Continental eco contacts whils tthe 17 & 18in have been coming on falkens throughout the production run (since 2019)

• Like 1

If you do a build my car on the Toyota website, in summary it gives the options for the tyres it can come with.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links