Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing advice !!!

Filip.08

Hi everyone , I am currently 2000 miles from my next service  which I assume it will be in a month or 2 more or less , which will be an full service , tbh i found it extremely expensive 340  for what ?  Currently I am still under warranty , however I noticed yesterday when I was braking a deep noise ,  should I booke in for a check or just wait for the service ? Thanks.

In my humble opinion, when it comes to brakes, I would rather get it checked out irrespective of when the next service is due.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Never take a risk however slight with anything that involves basic safety, namely brakes, tyres. Other things are  lights, horn, indicators etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Indeed Toyota service is expensive if you compare to diy servicing and buy parts only. If you compare to independent garages prices maybe very similar and in that case best to stick with Toyota for warranty purposes. I take care myself of my car and save ££££ every year but I have option to do it for now. For the brakes best to get them checked asap, they are not included in the major service except brake fluid change if is(not sure about that ) therefore best as others suggest, get them checked. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your help guys , for warranty and peace of mind I will stick with Toyota garage ,  for now ))) 

• Like 1

Forgot to mention , the noise disappeared  , I heard it Sunday ,  since Sunday never heard it again . 

Maybe it rained, or you washed the car, so a caliper was stuck for a bit. Such things happen.

I think i read somewhere that Toyota will respect the warranty if such basic work is carried out in a VAT registered garage, there was an extensive topic here somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Filip.08 said:

Currently I am still under warranty

From your profile, yours is a 2016 model which will be outside the new car warranty (5 years/100,000 miles). Presumably your warranty will be an extended warranty, which the terms and conditions probably state that the car has to be serviced within the Toyota dealer network. Check the terms and conditions

• Like 1

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

From your profile, yours is a 2016 model which will be outside the new car warranty (5 years/100,000 miles). Presumably your warranty will be an extended warranty, which the terms and conditions probably state that the car has to be serviced within the Toyota dealer network. Check the terms and conditions

Yes , that's way I am willing to pay 340 + , to keep the warranty and Road assistance .

3 hours ago, furtula said:

Maybe it rained, or you washed the car, so a caliper was stuck for a bit. Such things happen.

Or maybe a stone got lodged between the dust cover and the disc, like I had once but get it checked for peace of mind.

• Like 1