Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DAB thru 12V socket - Stop/Start issue

Alan Shuff

Hi Folks, 

First post - go easy. 

Got a 1.33 2011 Auris TR last week - i'm really happy with it although took a bit of getting used to it's lack of power and busy gearbox, and ever-present shift light. Coming from a 300bhp turbocharged auto to the Auris is a relearning curve. Even my diesel Nissan Note feels like a rocket at lower revs compared to the Auris. That said i've rediscovered the joy of chasing the revs and my licence feels much safer, so I can't complain. 

Anyway, my car doesn't have DAB or bluetooth as standard so I purchased a Pure Highway 600 which offers both, powering it through the 12V socket next to the handbrake. No issues with the install, however when the car goes into stop/start at traffic lights (more precisely, when it restarts) it momentarily cuts power to the 12V socket which reboots the DAB receiver meaning about 5 seconds of silence. In my other car (Nissan Note) I have the same product installed as in my Auris, and it is uninterrupted when restarting (and likewise the socket is only on when the ignition is on, like the Auris).

Not the biggest issue as such but I wanted to ask if anyone else has suffered this and if they got around it? 

Easy workaround - 'Eco Off' stops the stop/start. But I will be using the car for evening deliveries and that's a lot of remembering to press the button every time I start the car 🙂 

I have considered piggybacking a fuse which is 'always on' - i'm not sure whether that would still be interruped upon a restart or not.

Another possibility is to put a small power bank between the receiver and the socket to hopefully continue power during a restart - not sure if that will work and would rather not create a spaghetti-like wiring mess if possible. 

Any advice is welcomed - thank you  

You need a 12v switched accessory feed, first thought would be to use the one the standard radio/CD uses as that does not cut out when the stop/start operates.

I've no diagrams or connection data and would have to do it on the fly if I was doing this... but that is the way I would approach it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links