Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driving mode and updating maps on Touch 2 Go system - Auris Excel 2016

alex_alexs28

Hello everyone,

1. Since I bought the car, I have been driving most of the time in ECO Mode. I find it good for my style (or I might have changed my style to it) but lately I have been thinking that having it always on, it may cause some issues in the long run. I am using the car to commute to work, doing motorway and dual carriage way speed. The car has now 43k miles and I have serviced it regularly with Toyota. Should I be worried about it?
  2. Is there a way to update the maps on the Touch 2 Go system?

Hi,

there is nothing wrong to drive the car in any mode as long as you want. The eco mode although may save a bit of fuel it’s not the best one to drive because makes the car very sluggish plus mess up hvac settings. I use to drive in eco for years until I realise that driving in eco causes me right foot fatigue especially when doing motorway and a roads where you need to push the accelerator harder to gain or maintain speed. Best to set normal mode and drive it like that, it gives better feeling to the accelerator, the car also feels more responsive and lively plus your ac settings are unaffected and efficiency also remains the same. 
+ 1 for Normal mode from me 👍

Have you got my toyota set up online?

With a registered car and multimedia head unit, you can purchase the updates for the sat nav and media functions. Then it is a case of using a usb stick to insert it into the car and wait for the update to complete with the in READY mode.

Warning the update process can take 30 minutes or more.

Also check what version you currently have  and pay attention to the last letter, so you can buy the correct update. only 2 variants but they aren't interchangeable.

You can purchase the map updates for around £35 from eBay, easy to follow and genuine update.  plus a £3 USB stick 16gb FAT32 from Amazon.  Take around 45 mins inc laptoptime.

or you can pay Toyota around £150 for same thing 

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 5:20 AM, alex_alexs28 said:

Hello everyone,

1. Since I bought the car, I have been driving most of the time in ECO Mode. I find it good for my style (or I might have changed my style to it) but lately I have been thinking that having it always on, it may cause some issues in the long run. I am using the car to commute to work, doing motorway and dual carriage way speed. The car has now 43k miles and I have serviced it regularly with Toyota. Should I be worried about it?

I too have used ECO mode for daily driving for about the last 6 months. In my experience, it softens accelerator response, makes the engine “on time” as little as possible (reducing fuel usage), and reduces cabin fan speed / cooling power of the climate control A/C. Here’s an extract from the manual explaining exactly what it does:

28E2AE2E-E7B3-4DB3-ACA3-0F4765656E5C.png

On 4/13/2022 at 5:20 AM, alex_alexs28 said:

Hello everyone,

Regarding map updates for your sat nav, exactly as @Packard says: either DIY with a digital download from eBay onto a USB drive, or pay around £130 from Toyota main dealer for a map update. I decided not to update my onboard maps. I have full Europe and UK maps from 2016, from when the car was new.  Mine is a 2016 Auris Excel Hybrid hatchback. 

In May/June, Nov/Dec Toyota do an offer to coincide with new map release of 3 years maps and connected services for the same price as the rest of year 1 year update.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links