Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat nav voice instruction?

catboy

I have a 20reg Prius+Plug in am I able to use voice instruction to enter sat nav destination directions or can it only be done manually 

thanks Robert

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Title changed from 'Prius service plan'

Hi Rob, I have a 2016 Prius Excel & there is an online manual for navigation that you can download. This manual gives details of voice control commands. The commands tend to be specific but there are about 10 commands you can use to use voice control to set your sat nav destinations. I’m assuming of course, that the system is the same for your 2020 Prius+Plugin.

Generally I don’t bother using the voice control for destination purposes since it’s so easy to simply enter the destination postcode manually on the touch screen.

Thank you for the info I will download the manual.

3 hours ago, BhxTrev said:

Generally I don’t bother using the voice control for destination purposes since it’s so easy to simply enter the destination postcode manually on the touch screen.

I find the voice instruction is inflexible.  If there is no house number it fails at the first hurdle.  I don't know if I could just speak the post code but honestly Trev is right. 

Even phone number by voice is iffy.  For more than one number it asks for the line number but frequently fails to recognise 1 or 2.

Not always possible i know but the best voice control i have found is the one in the passenger seat. 😉

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links