Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C-HR Delivery, etc

Chrisg99

On 5/21/2022 at 4:54 PM, Chrisg99 said:

Roger,

No yours has not been fitted, as I saw the part when they offered it up to the rear of the car. I told them to credit in monetary terms and I would go to the local dealership and see what they say. I have also now had a communication from Toyota UK that if no satisfaction to contact them. May be a bad batch off the mould.

Just recieved an email from Toyota Direct Parts as follows. "There is a note on the part saying that it is for vehicles without a grade package which is what excludes the GR Sport". There are no other options for that vehicle.

End of saga, saved some money!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Imagine if dealers were under instruction not to suggest the anticipated delivery date on a new car order and simply say to customers it will arrive when it arrives.  Not convinced any Manufacturer would have a full order book.  I do appreciate the world has changed for ever and nothing will revert back to what it was pre covid and the invasion of Ukraine. 

Salesmen and woman earn their money on bonuses based on monthly order targets set by the manufacturer and group they work for so it's to be expected they quote a date but in reality have little chance of meeting.  I have stopped looking now on the My Toyota Portal which tracks the progress of my CHR  and now regret I didn't look for the same car with the same spec and colour but with very low mileage.  I can see a number of vehicles for sale on the Toyota UK website for immediate purchase very close to the car I ordered.  Lexus, a brand I have bought new on 2 occasions are in a worse position as my next door neighbour ordered a new NX on the 21st November 2021 and his vehicle build has not begun.  His dealer has now come clean and have suggested the car won't arrive till 2023.  They even asked if he wanted to cancel the order.     Maybe Toyota's position is better but after 2 months my car has not begun it's build yet and I wonder if I will see it this year.  I would like dealers to be more honest on delivery dates and be truthful as to what is the average delay across all models they experience on a day to day basis.      

I don't think that it is really fair to suggest UK dealers "just pluck a date from thin air" - though maybe some do. For most it will be a matter of accessing the UK order system, placing your specific build order and reporting back the estimate returned by the system - so, at the time of ordering delivery was expected in 'x' weeks ... and then things have gone a bit awry!

The date quoted will be based on your position in the build queue (i.e. on recent demand) and on the assumption that all the components become available "just in time" - which clearly they aren't right now. And, 'yes' they could do with a system that alerted the dealer and customer of inevitable delays and, perhaps, better 'updated guesses' would be in order - but these would clearly be subject to subsequent revision, further delay and more customer disappointment.

As you suggest, your dealer may be able to get hold of a brand new vehicle that approximates to your desired specification in relatively short order. My RAV4 was already in Portbury when I ordered it in 2020 (but to be fair there was perhaps a glut of cancelled orders around at that time due to Covid) and I wound up with a panoramic roof that I didn't really want. My wife's 2021 C-HR is almost exactly what she wanted (she wanted a First Edition but they'd run out just days before we went into the dealer) and that was already in Burnaston - so just 3 weeks from order to delivery.

It can't hurt to ask the dealer what they can do for you - the worst that could happen is that you'll be offered a near term delivery date on something that isn't exactly what you would have ordered.

• Like 1

I ordered mine Nov 21 with an estimated delivery of April/May 22. The build was allocated to a MY21 model but as it was mid year delivery I requested a MY22 which added 6-8 weeks to delivery. It finally arrived and collected it on May 20th and enjoyed it since. Yes it seemed a long wait. Like it better than the 19 reg Corolla Touring Sport it replaced.

With problems with semiconductor production, vehicle production delays due to this shortage, etc, etc, it isn't surprising that dealers cannot give accurate delivery dates.

Bear in mind any date given is an estimate anyway.

• Like 1

I ordered my Chr GR SPORT 2.0 early March 2022 I was told delivery was due end of August / September. In April my car was in build and I took delivery mid June 

I ordered 10 Jan, I was offered a choice of some cancelled 21 MY vehicles which I wasn't interested in.

I was told mid May estimated time of delivery for a new factory order placed that day.

I collected my 22 MY C-HR GR Sport April 9th.

I do know it went in to build Feb 19th.

I must have sensed something in the air after I started this post because today I received the e mail saying the CHR is now being built.   If it's true it takes 15 hours to build I'm hoping the wait won't be as long as I feared.  

Now I'm going to order the complete space saver spare wheel list of parts I extracted from another members previous post along with some accessories in order to have them ahead of the car's arrival.   

I'm wondering whether I should ask the dealer to leave all the protective plastic on the bodywork and remove it myself along with all the other stickers and labels you see on cars rolling of the transporter.  I admit to being anal about dealer preparation which often leaves a lot to be desired with both of my previous new Lexus ES300h paintwork  being badly marred by the use of rotary  machine  polishing after the protective plastics were removed. This despite me asking for no polishing to be done at all. 

I think dealers think a quick polish with a mop will do no harm but in the hands of inexperienced valeting staff  rather than experienced detailers I wasn't  happy with how 2 brand  cars were presented.  I ended up spending several days on each machine polishing the swirls and marring out of the top lacquer coat before applying some wax.   No doubt the dealer will say it's not what they want and the risk is mine if I insist on taking the car with just the PDI being done and fitting it's plates.  I'd just like the chance to preserve the condition of the platinum white pearl paintwork.    

Still roughly 6 - 8 weeks till you take delivery.

All depends how long it sits at the port to be loaded on to a car carrier & if the carrier gets delayed at any of its stops on its way to the UK.

• Like 1

The ship is usually The SPICA LEADER it takes nearly 2 weeks to get from Turkey to the UK.

It usually goes from Turkey to Greece then 2 stops in Spain then Germany then Belgium before ending up a the docks at Bristol.

The cars end up at Derby for the final checks before it transported to the dealership.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leo63 said:

I ordered my Chr GR SPORT 2.0 early March 2022 I was told delivery was due end of August / September. In April my car was in build and I took delivery mid June 

Appears strange, my similar model ordered 3 moths earlier and did not arrive until May. So one never knows with delivery dates.

Feel a bit of a fool now as after I received an e mail saying the car is being built it took only 2 days later to receive 2 more e mails from Toyota to say it was built and has left the factory and the last e mail said it was on it's way to the UK. Estimated date for arriving at Derby 15th August so looks a lot more promising for end of August.   So on the back of all these updates I ordered nearly £600 worth of space saver parts (11 items in total) and a number of accessories, mud flaps, rubber winter mats, boot liner, protector strip for rear bumper and a touch up stick.   It's odd but really looking forward to this CHR even though I bought 2 Lexus ES300h cars between 2019 and 2022 but never felt the same about them compared to this CHR purchase.

• Like 2

Great news about delivery date. I only ordered the parts for the space saver I used my rubber mats from my old Corolla hybrid hatchback 

We've got a C-HR GR Sport in Ash Grey on order.  Is it possible to confirm which ship the car is on from Turkey??

MyT updated last Monday 25th July to confirm the car was being built with further updates during the week that it was being shipped from Turkey to Portbury.

Just trying to get ahead of the game as we've got a car to sell.

The dealer is currently expecting delivery of the car on 29th September.

Thanks,  Paul