Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius service plan

catboy

Hi all, I have a Prius phev service plan (12x£30=£360)just had my second service at a cost of £340 the next service in 12 months time will be the intermediate cost £190.The service plan that I have I pay £30 per month what happens with extra money that is paid there is a difference of £150 between the big service and the intermediate service is any extra money paid refunded.I should have asked this question to Toyota but I forgot as anybody had any experience of this.

Usually a service plan is for a set number of services and the payments are spread over the total cost of the plan or for a shorter period . For example if the plan is for three services comprising two intermediate and one full, then the total cost will be £740 with 36 payments of £20.55. Sometimes the payments are spread over a shorter period with a higher monthly payment - eg 30 months @£30.83 per month

How many services does your plan cover and how many months are the payments spread over?

22 minutes ago, catboy said:

Hi all, I have a Prius phev service plan (12x£30=£360)just had my second service at a cost of £340 the next service in 12 months time will be the intermediate cost £190.The service plan that I have I pay £30 per month what happens with extra money that is paid there is a difference of £150 between the big service and the intermediate service is any extra money paid refunded.I should have asked this question to Toyota but I forgot as anybody had any experience of this.

I had a service plan with a previous Prius model, but if o recall correctly, when I bought my last Prius, it came with three years free services & the money accrued in the previous service plan was refunded to me. 

• Like 1

Hi,thanks for your reply’s I have a 4 year service plan and I pay£30 per month I am not sure if this amount will alter over the next three years to compensate for the extra money paid.I have an m.o.t due next year maybe it will cover the cost of the certificate 

I would recommend you put your queries directly with whom you agreed the plan and find out what is included for your £30pm presumably for a total of 48 months. It may include more than servicing.....but you wont know until you ask. 

29 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I would recommend you put your queries directly with whom you agreed the plan and find out what is included for your £30pm presumably for a total of 48 months. It may include more than servicing.....but you wont know until you ask. 

And ensure that what is obtained is in documented form too Robert.

• Like 1

Hi,thanks for your reply’s I have a 4 year service plan and I pay£30 per month I am not sure if this amount will alter over the next three years to compensate for the extra money paid.I have an m.o.t due next year maybe it will cover the cost of the certificate 

thanks for your suggestions I will speak to Toyota 

thanks for your suggestions I will speak to Toyota

3 hours ago, Catlover said:

Hi Joe, just to add what you said, the service contract I had with Toyota if I remember correctly, included the cost of the yearly MOT as well. 

1 hour ago, BhxTrev said:

Hi Joe, just to add what you said, the service contract I had with Toyota if I remember correctly, included the cost of the yearly MOT as well. 

There has to be something more in the original pots agreement, £30pm for 4 years is a lot more than the cost of the services. Mostly the same and some can work out cheaper, then you have a no increases in service costs, so thats another saving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Catlover said:

There has to be something more in the original pots agreement, £30pm for 4 years is a lot more than the cost of the services. Mostly the same and some can work out cheaper, then you have a no increases in service costs, so thats another saving.

I also thought £30/month is a bit steep considering the present cost of the dearest service + MOT. Don’t think I’d be tempted at that price & would rather pay as required. I think Frosty has outlined how the charges are made but do individual garages do their own sums? Just a thought.

• Like 1

Surely you have some documentation outlining how many and which services the p!an covers, whether it includes MOTs, the length of the payments plan, and the amount due per month.

We've always had this - even for our current i20 which came with a free three year service plan.

I have read through the paperwork I had from Toyota and the service plan was for 3 years not 4 as I first thought sorry to mislead every one.I should have read through the documents before I contacted the forum does the three year plan make more sense of the cost that I am paying.

thanks again for your reply’s without them I would have gone to the dealer and made a bit of a fool of myself which is not hard to do 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links