Saxacat

Just noticed there is a new map update available 2022v1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Saxacat, normally use Waze but like the car to be upto date

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saxacat said:

Just noticed there is a new map update available 2022v1

Yes thanks......just noticed my PHEV auto downloaded and installed the 2022v1 just for UK and Ireland. Car was connected to my broadband and it took just a few minutes to download but a fair bit longer to install.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Yes thanks......just noticed my PHEV auto downloaded and installed the 2022v1 just for UK and Ireland. Car was connected to my broadband and it took just a few minutes to download but a fair bit longer to install.

... and you'll need a USB download and install to update for the rest of Western Europe - which takes even longer to install!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, philip42h said:

... and you'll need a USB download and install to update for the rest of Western Europe - which takes even longer to install!

I'm just in the process of doing the updated using a USB transfer, put  the car in ready mode to do this and the engine kicked in??

Then I realised the heater temp was set to 17 so turned the aircon unit of and no engine running, I bet most of you know this but it was my first time updating the maps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philip42h said:

Yes I'm aware of that Philip. I will download the rest to a USB, but will only install the countries I am likely to travel in, during the install process. I believe this is an option which should greatly reduce my install timeline.

7 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Yes I'm aware of that Philip. I will download the rest to a USB, but will only install the countries I am likely to travel in, during the install process. I believe this is an option which should greatly reduce my install timeline.

I didn't get a choice of what I installed from the USB it just found the USB and started the installation.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

I didn't get a choice of what I installed from the USB it just found the USB and started the installation.

Roger

The install instructions suggest there is an option to select by country rather than region (see pic below) but I can't confirm this till I do the install.

My Toyota - eStore - Toyota UK.png

5 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Roger

The install instructions suggest there is an option to select by country rather than region (see pic below) but I can't confirm this till I do the install.

My Toyota - eStore - Toyota UK.png

Yes I saw them but I wasn't asked which set I wanted it just did an Install, they may have made it automatic I haven't looked.

The zip file was 12.3GB and inside there was another folder see attached.

Snap22.thumb.jpg.0d1627a186dd76b2b1c6b6137c2f46f4.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Yes I saw them but I wasn't asked which set I wanted it just did an Install, they may have made it automatic I haven't looked.

The zip file was 12.3GB and inside there was another folder see attached.

I see what you mean.....be a pity if not as there are many countries I wouldn't bother to update. From your Zip file it looks like they have just lumped counties together into 5 ISO files.

Edited by Hayzee

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

I see what you mean.....be a pity if not as there are many countries I wouldn't bother to update. From your Zip file it looks like they have just lumped counties together into 5 ISO files.

I've did mine from USB this morning and wasn't offered any options.

• Thanks 1

Downloaded onto USB and installed whilst sitting on the drive in READY mode, took around 75 mins. Interestingly it reduced the available EV range by 3 miles.

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

Downloaded onto USB and installed whilst sitting on the drive in READY mode, took around 75 mins. Interestingly it reduced the available EV range by 3 miles.

Assume the keys have to be in the car all the time Ernie?

Downloaded UK and Ireland over Wi-Fi while parked up the drive, you don’t have to install in one go, I drove about 8 miles and it installed about 75% drove it again later and the installation started where it left off.

The car has to be in the READY mode so the keys are required but assume if you have a garage that is secure you could set the update in motion then get back later when it’s finished.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ernieb said:

The car has to be in the READY mode so the keys are required but assume if you have a garage that is secure you could set the update in motion then get back later when it’s finished.

OK if you have a PHEV Ernie, if you have a HEV you'd want it parked outside as the ICE will run several times during the update ... 😉

5 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Assume the keys have to be in the car all the time Ernie?

Don't think the key has to be in but it does make locking a challenge if it isn't - just don't use the remote key. Not sure the PHEV is the same as the HEV but I leave the remote in the car out of view and lock the car with the small manual key. Has worked this way for a few years now,

On 4/15/2022 at 2:27 PM, Rigsby said:

Downloaded UK and Ireland over Wi-Fi while parked up the drive, you don’t have to install in one go, I drove about 8 miles and it installed about 75% drove it again later and the installation started where it left off.

So we can just download on drive like normally do but the actual install can happen when out and about I never knew this part😂

1 hour ago, PAISLEY1903 said:

So we can just download on drive like normally do but the actual install can happen when out and about I never knew this part😂

Yes, I downloaded the UK and Ireland update while parked up the drive over Wi-Fi, once install has started you can drive, stop, start and it doesn’t affect the install.

The full European update has to be done via a USB drive, I’m unsure whether or not this update can be interrupted.

Perfect!!!! Thank you , always sat until install done ! 

32 minutes ago, Rigsby said:

The full European update has to be done via a USB drive, I’m unsure whether or not this update can be interrupted

It states that it can be interrupted ... 🙂

7 hours ago, philip42h said:

It states that it can be interrupted ... 🙂

The USB method can be interrupted as well: I turned the car off twice during my install.

To clarify ... the map installation instructions at Step 11 state:

Step 11
Press ‘Confirm’ will initiate the update and the system which can take up to 90 minutes depending on your selection. Please do not interrupt the system or updates will be lost

These are no longer correct (they may have been in 2014 when they appear to have been written). Now when you insert the USB drive and start the update it states on the multimedia screen that the update can be interrupted and resumed - as Edward has demonstrated.

• Thanks 1

I have downloaded the update to computer

I put it in the car and it failed to authenticate.

Should I leave all the files in the MapUpdate folder or just copy only the FMU? 

Am I missing something? 

35 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I have downloaded the update to computer

I put it in the car and it failed to authenticate.

Should I leave all the files in the MapUpdate folder or just copy only the FMU? 

Am I missing something? 

Copy the MFU folder with files to a blank USB drive formatted FAT32