Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Map Update 2022v1 available

Saxacat

15 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Copy the MFU folder with files to a blank USB drive formatted FAT32

... or ... what you have downloaded to your computer is a compressed Zip file. Simply Extract the content of that Zip file to the top level of a blank USB drive formatted FAT32 ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

I have downloaded the update to computer

I put it in the car and it failed to authenticate.

Should I leave all the files in the MapUpdate folder or just copy only the FMU? 

Am I missing something? 

I downloaded the zip file to my laptop then unpacked it with WinRar directly onto a blank 16gb USB drive formatted to FAT32.

Use the USB socket behind the gear selector  and not the ones in the armrest.

First attempt  I unpacked it to a folder on the laptop then dragged that onto the USB drive but it didn’t work, so I tried unpacking directly onto the USB drive and that worked.

Thanks, 3rd time lucky.  

Just checked the USB pen, the files were in the FMU folder and not the MapUpdate folder with FMU as a sub folder. 

It's running properly.  Must admit, the routes I ran this week, plenty of new roads, the previous version had them all.  I guess a big update will be the cameras regardless of roads. 

Just a note for those doing their first update. Last update over WiFi lost access to speed cameras unless permanently connected to the internet via a smartphone. For offline speed cameras on the Toyota Sat Nav system, you needed to do the update via USB. This could have changed this time but worth bearing in mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Checked my late 2021 RAV4 map status and found that although the check for updates was enabled the update over air option wasn't. It said that the map was out of date and that I would have to go to the Toyota website to download an update.

This turned out to be a proverbial pain in the Harris. I don't have a personal PC, fortunately I have access to a work laptop to do this - what do you do if you don't? I only use my phone and tablet nowadays. I eventually tracked down where to load the update into a USB stick , reasonably straightforward but very slow. I then extracted the zip file, again straightforward but slow.

Forewarned I then went out to the car armed with a book to read and plugged the USB stick into the car and waited for it to validate the download. I was then confused when I it asked for a validation code, which after much searching transpired to be given on the website against my purchase history.

That step out the way it then took about 75 minutes or so to upload the new maps, which it did successfully. I then made sure that the update OTA option was enabled.

Overall a really laborious task, far more difficult than it needs to be, at least it is done now.

Colin

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links