Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbee needs help!

Chris Humphrey

Hi, thinking of buying a Yaris.. looked at a clean and tidy 2004 1.0 as on a budget, plus only need something small.. Have checked insurance etc and all good so far.. but struggling to find out how much road tax will cost.. ust wondered if anyone could give me any info? Many thanks, Chris

There is a free app I sometimes use on my phone called Vehicle Smart. (I know there will be others too - it's personal preference.)

On my Android phone it gives me information on MoT history, vehicle tax cost etc. against the vehicle registration that you enter.

Well worth a look.

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Yaris club.

Depending on the spec, it's either £135 (band D) or £165 (band E) as of the 01/04/22

Blimey, didn't realise the Mk1 1.0 was so high, thought it was £30 or 0 like the Mk2!!

I usually use parkers.co.uk for looking up car stats and honestjohn.co.uk for looking up known faults (Although they've gotten worse for that since they changed hands)

12 hours ago, Cyker said:

Blimey, didn't realise the Mk1 1.0 was so high, thought it was £30 or 0 like the Mk2!!

That surprised me too! My 2014 Mk 3 is £30/annum (band C).

The mk1 1.0 is a 4 pot cast iron boat anchor - 1szfe depending on the model, it's 129-138g/km, iirc its an old euro 3 engine

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:23 AM, Gerg said:

There is a free app I sometimes use on my phone called Vehicle Smart. (I know there will be others too - it's personal preference.)

On my Android phone it gives me information on MoT history, vehicle tax cost etc. against the vehicle registration that you enter.

Well worth a look.

I'm with Gerg on this one, it's free buy the way, put Vehicle Smart app on your phone, put any reg number in and it gives you any vehicle mot history and how much the road tax is, I use it all the time when looking for cars, all the advisories and fails, gives you an idea how the car has been looked after, plus should you ever have an accident run the other reg through it, if it's not MOT'd it's probably not taxed either.