Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brand new Aygo owner

elles_aygo

Morning,

Excited to pick up my Aygo X-Pression after the Easter break. Seems like a good little car, and ideal for my pottering, not to mention the fuel and insurance savings!

It's a 15 plate but only 2000 miles, it was a second car for an elderly couple who barely used it. They did service it with Toyota every year though, regardless of mileage (24 in one year!).

I'm trading up from a 2.0 TDCi diesel Focus, after 20 years of Fords, so I'm brand new to Toyota. Hoping I've made the right choice!🤣

My only point of apprehension, is the MMT gearbox; a quick scan through the forum archives makes me feel like I'll be learning to drive again (hill starts and roundabouts seem to be specifically unpopular!), but it'll be interesting!

Hope you don't mind a load of dumb questions in the coming weeks!

Cheers, Ellis

Hello and welcome, 

yep, they are great little cars, as you say great round town and good on fuel and cheap to run. We have a similar Peugeot 108 with the Toyota engine, well my sister has, like you she came from driving a Ford, a Fiesta for 25 years, took her few weeks to get used to it, but soon got the hang of it. 

Ours is a manual car, so can't help you with MMT, all I do know is peeps with it reckon 'manual' mode using flappy paddles is more enjoyable. You mention hill starts, these cars have hill start assist, so first experience of it was a surprise but in a good way. Again not sure how the MMT experience is with this.

Anyway, sure you will enjoy the car and just ask about MMT queries as lots owners on here with experience of them.

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your Aygo

Hello E!lis - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The Aygo is a lot more practical than some people think. We can get a full size portable therapy table plus my wife's other equipment, etc in ours no problem.

Welcome to the forum I hope you will find it both fun and informative.

Welcome Ellis...good choice.!

Thanks everyone, I'm really looking forward to picking it up. They seem like fun cars, the test drive was fab, MMT included, and I like a challenge!

• Like 1

Welcome to the TOC Ellis, enjoy your Toyota.