Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Service

ABarrett

Hi All,

My Corolla is ordered from the dealer, I'm really looking forward to getting the car, but now it's just the painful waiting game..

I've been thinking about servicing. I'd like to keep the max warranty so I'll do it at Toyota. 

Does anyone do the monthly servicing plan? Is it worth it? 

The majority of Toyota dealers offer service p!ans based on Toyota fixed price servicing costs. Depending how long you intend keeping the car, one can also include MOT costs if required.

The main advantage of service plans is that service costs are fixed for the period of the plan, so you can avoid potential price increases. Payment can be either upfront or monthly.

• Thanks 1

With a service plan you also get free fitting of Wiper Blades and bulbs (you have to pay for the parts). There's also a 10% discount on any additional work.

• Thanks 1

In the current high inflation climate it's worth it to fix the price, there is an administration fee but I've always got a discount on the plan, unsure if that's due to being a previous customer. 

You also get free puncture repairs.

You can add other items like air con services

You have to use a toyota dealer to keep the 10 year warranty anyway

• Thanks 1

I believe it's also a good idea to build a relationship with your dealer. 

I took out a two year service plan when I bought my Rav. £25 per month for 24 months. I was told at the time by the salesperson that it was a good deal.

On booking the first year service I find that it is £190 and the second year is £340  if you just paid it 😕

Iain

• Thanks 1

Does anyone knows if Toyota offers any special service options for people who drives more than usual and use their cars for business? I will need to do a couple of services per year and I wonder if there are any options available. 
Thanks 

At one time with the Avensis, Toyota offered fleets 12 months/12,500 mile service intervals. However as far as I'm aware, this was only available on the Avensis and didn't app!y to individual business users.

Now, however, service intervals are the standard 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

• Thanks 1

I took out a service plan when I purchased my Aygo recently, it makes even more sense now with the relax warranty extending after every service with the dealership.

• Thanks 1

No discount for service plans, but at least you get a price promise, if there are future price increase. I bought 5 services ahead 2 full and 3 intermediate. This will be for 2.5 years for me and will cost a total of £1250 - I am paying it monthly of course - I think £46ish p/m over 27 months 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

I took out a two year service plan when I bought my Rav. £25 per month for 24 months. I was told at the time by the salesperson that it was a good deal.

On booking the first year service I find that it is £190 and the second year is £340  if you just paid it 😕

Iain

Weee two MOTs in that time too? If so then that 25 is correct. Service plan includes MOTs too in that period

43 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

Car only 11 months old now Kieran.

Speak to the dealer as that’s a price worked out with MOTs included 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Does anyone knows if Toyota offers any special service options for people who drives more than usual and use their cars for business? I will need to do a couple of services per year and I wonder if there are any options available. 
Thanks 

All service plans are based on your mileage, so it is easy to set up for say 20K per year, it just means your payments are more to cover the extra services. Plans are flexible and as somebody said, you pay todays prices for services you will take in the future. If you look at the cost of oil alone, that has gone through the roof recently. I bought a barrel of 0W 8 (208 Litres) last week and the COST PRICE has gone up £400 over the last barrel purchased in February. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These price increases are scary !!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links